1,165 posts
Thanks Meter: 272

By netengineer, Senior Member on 20th April 2019, 02:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd June 2019, 06:03 AM |#71  
Flag pnw
Thanks Meter: 258

More
I have to admit I'm upset too with the reception of my snapdragon s10+. Have at&t prepaid and Max down speed is around 3-4mbps while my sister's iPhone is getting 20+from 2 feet away. Wtf...

22nd June 2019, 12:55 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimguy14

I have to admit I'm upset too with the reception of my snapdragon s10+. Have at&t prepaid and Max down speed is around 3-4mbps while my sister's iPhone is getting 20+from 2 feet away. Wtf...

Is your sister on a prepaid plan too? AT&T caps speed on prepaid plans, even though they tell you they don't. Don't believe me, put someone's SIM card in from a post paid plan.

Had the same issue. That's why I ditched them and switched to TMobile. Got the same plan for the same price and the lowest speed I've gotten is 39. Maxed out at around 55.
22nd June 2019, 04:11 PM |#73  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysmith0994

Is your sister on a prepaid plan too? AT&T caps speed on prepaid plans, even though they tell you they don't. Don't believe me, put someone's SIM card in from a post paid plan.

Had the same issue. That's why I ditched them and switched to TMobile. Got the same plan for the same price and the lowest speed I've gotten is 39. Maxed out at around 55.

I'm assuming from his 2ft comment he's referring to the wifi router and speeds.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
23rd June 2019, 11:54 AM |#74  
Flag new Jersey
Thanks Meter: 264

More
But seriously Samsung does have a reputation of having shity radio s
The Following User Says Thank You to spjetrovic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spjetrovic Ad-Free
2nd July 2019, 06:35 PM |#75  
Flag pnw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysmith0994

Nope she's postpaid. But on different mvno's using at&t networks in the past I had much higher speeds. I would think at&t's official prepaid wouldn't be capped so low...
I can't do TMobile where I live, too awful of service overall & no reception inside my house

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard

I'm assuming from his 2ft comment he's referring to the wifi router and speeds.

What? My post had nothing to do with (and no mention of) wifi or routers...
2nd July 2019, 06:50 PM |#76  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimguy14

Nope she's postpaid. But on different mvno's using at&t networks in the past I had much higher speeds. I would think at&t's official prepaid wouldn't be capped so low...
I can't do TMobile where I live, too awful of service overall & no reception inside my house

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

What? My post had nothing to do with (and no mention of) wifi or routers...

Dont get mad bro , you said 2ft away my effin bad SMH muppet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
26th July 2019, 09:21 AM |#77  
I'm getting 30mb download 4G network and 200mb wifi home
27th July 2019, 07:17 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Out of interest, for the people with the LTE issues - did you notice that when you left a wifi area, your phone would drop the LTE signal all together?

I've got an unlocked s10+ on the Rogers network in Canada, directly purchased from Samsung in store. It happens to me multiple times a day, so I have to toggle airplane mode on and off, literally have to stop in the street to ensure I have a data connection.

It's such a PITA, I was on a s7 before with no issues using the same sim in the same locations for over 2 years.

My actual LTE signals when I'm using it are fine in general, never noticed them being slow anyway. It's the fact that it drops the LTE signal when I leave an area where I've been on the wifi.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrdannyaitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrdannyaitch Ad-Free
1st August 2019, 08:17 PM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It appears as an issue with Qualcomm. My Exynos 975F is working fine in all networking aspects.
3rd August 2019, 04:27 PM |#80  
Flag pnw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdannyaitch

Out of interest, for the people with the LTE issues - did you notice that when you left a wifi area, your phone would drop the LTE signal all together?

I've got an unlocked s10+ on the Rogers network in Canada, directly purchased from Samsung in store. It happens to me multiple times a day, so I have to toggle airplane mode on and off, literally have to stop in the street to ensure I have a data connection.

It's such a PITA, I was on a s7 before with no issues using the same sim in the same locations for over 2 years.

My actual LTE signals when I'm using it are fine in general, never noticed them being slow anyway. It's the fact that it drops the LTE signal when I leave an area where I've been on the wifi.

That's an odd behavior and I have not had it happen on mine. Might take it in and have them look at it..that would be annoying to deal with on a regular basis.
The Following User Says Thank You to Swimguy14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Swimguy14 Ad-Free
3rd August 2019, 05:24 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've got a 3 week trip coming up and by the sounds of it, I don't even get a loaner while mine is being repaired.

I've researched this for a whole now and it needs a replacement phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)