How to bypass gesture screen lock on Samsung Galaxy S10+ without losing data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jasomdotnet

Aug 22, 2019
Hi there,

I have Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F/DS) in front of me. Device has pattern (gesture) screen lock (3x3) enabled. Phone's owner forgot his gesture. How to bypass this lock without losing data (no factory settings reset option).

What I have tried:

- connect phone over USB trying ADB. Since there is no USB debugging enabled ADB is deaf/blind. I cannot access files in /data/system to delete gesture.key file

- I have tried to connect SD card and install Aroma File Manager https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646108 but I was not able to mount a card. My tip is, that phone will not recognize new card when such card is inserted in locked regime.

- I have tried "adb sideload aroma-file-manager.zip" but it fails on "signatures". My tip is that you can manually update android only with files signed by manufacturer.

- "dr.fone - Unlock" has no support for Samsung Galaxy S10+

Limitations:

- I'm not able to mount new SD card
- ADB can do only "adb sideload ..."
- USB debugging is disabled

What else to try?

Can I somehow access phone system files using USB?

Last edited:

orlandson

Jun 24, 2013
If he had a PC, it can have the Samsung Account already logged or with login and password saved on Chrome password manager for example.

Reactions: jasomdotnet

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
No, owner is not alive (work accident). Widow wants to unlock the phone.

This was not so bad advice. I will call on Monday to Samsung and ask them if phone with that IMEI has any Samsung Account.

But still, any other idea?
If the widow has access to his email on a shared laptop she might be bale to recover or reset the Samsung credentials.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jasomdotnet

Aug 22, 2019
Easy way is use the Samsung findmymobile site to unlock. If you know the Samsung Account credentials.

Google find my phone was not working. Samsung findmymobile.samsung.com worked. I unlocked phone using service from manufacturer. Password to the account was as same as gmail password I recovered from owner's laptop (Chrome password manager).

Thank you @orlandson and @daddymikey1975 - you have been helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easy way is use the Samsung findmymobile site to unlock. If you know the Samsung Account credentials.
    If he had a PC, it can have the Samsung Account already logged or with login and password saved on Chrome password manager for example.