FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Which s10 should i get/ best for rooting?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Stevered1985, Junior Member on 10th October 2019, 02:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have Sprint and was going to go today to get a new phone. Is there a particular firmware version i should look for ? Or is there a range of firmwares i can check for to make sure i will be able to root it when i get home? i def want to be able to root my new phone but last time when i got my new s8 ans s9 the firmwares were pre updated and i was unable to root either of them. Thanks in advance for any help!
10th October 2019, 06:26 PM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 699

More
None of the US models can currently be rooted and as far as I'm aware the international models aren't compatible with Sprint since it's a CDMA carrier.

If root is important to you then you should probably look at purchasing a different phone.
10th October 2019, 08:40 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevered1985

I have Sprint and was going to go today to get a new phone. Is there a particular firmware version i should look for ? Or is there a range of firmwares i can check for to make sure i will be able to root it when i get home? i def want to be able to root my new phone but last time when i got my new s8 ans s9 the firmwares were pre updated and i was unable to root either of them. Thanks in advance for any help!

The Sprint S10+ 5G version of the phone is able to be rooted.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs39

None of the US models can currently be rooted and as far as I'm aware the international models aren't compatible with Sprint since it's a CDMA carrier.

If root is important to you then you should probably look at purchasing a different phone.

The Sprint S10+ 5G has been rooted.
10th October 2019, 09:29 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyJSG

The Sprint S10+ 5G version of the phone is able to be rooted.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

The Sprint S10+ 5G has been rooted.

Is there a link to instructions somewhere? Just searched and could only find hongkong no u.s. versions.
11th October 2019, 05:17 AM |#5  
Flag Black Creek, wi
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Is there a link to instructions somewhere? Just searched and could only find hongkong no u.s. versions.

There were instructions at some point in the s10 5g section but i cant seem to find them anymore and i commented there too. Weird

Sent from my SM-G975U using XDA Labs
11th October 2019, 10:42 PM |#6  
Quote:

https://www.getdroidtips.com/unlock-...s10-5g-series/
12th October 2019, 07:09 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:

check this out

remember: in order to get root use magisk 19.3 patched ap only for now. v20 isn't working properly with sd855 devices for the moment. that's my experience.

if you have random reboots after rooting check this out:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...g9750-t3953300
12th October 2019, 02:28 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

It can not be root. Still doesn't support.

12th October 2019, 10:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:

That's why you shouldn't buy an US version. I'm from Germany and I'll never buy a mobile phone from there anymore. Especially not from Samsung. My actually galaxy s10+ is from Hong Kong. Waited 2 weeks for it. Snapdragon 855 instead of exynos. Bootloader unlocked, rooted.

Just check if baseband frequencies are supported. There is a cool app out there called spectify. Check it out
15th October 2019, 08:49 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Well they ended up replacing my s9 w insurance instead of upgrading me. So aparently I need to find a guide for SamFail I assume?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)