By Corv0, Senior Member on 17th March 2019, 05:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2019, 02:32 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_viper

So, it's ok to let the Location "ON" and just disable everything under "improve accuracy"? The battery draining isn't significant for location "on" or "off"?
I remember in Oreo we had the opportunity to set it on battery saving.

Yeah it's okay, there won't be any relevant drain unless you're navigating, if it's for local fetching like news and weather then there won't be any drain, that setting is mostly for Google's ad tracking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corv0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Corv0 Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 02:42 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hi, do you mind to explain how to whitelist Analytics domains? Need to add in one by one?
19th March 2019, 03:04 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeon

Hi, do you mind to explain how to whitelist Analytics domains? Need to add in one by one?

One by one and then re-enable domain rules to apply the whitelist.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corv0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Corv0 Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 03:51 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv0

One by one and then re-enable domain rules to apply the whitelist.

Wow that's many to insert, thanks.
19th March 2019, 07:32 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

I tried every single one of Google's apps and I couldn't replicate your bug, it stays off.
Did you restore through Smart switch or Google backup?

I did a google/samsung restore and oddly, that behavior has subsided since yesterday : at this time, no sync reenabling itself... fingers crossed....

Also, the battery drain seems to be a thing of the past, 10% or the day, going thru parameters, discovering the UI, disabling stuff : I'm on the same track of my previous S6 edge + before an asshole smashed it under it's foot nearly 2 years ago... It's so good to let behind me the #%[email protected] iphone 6 plus a friend has lent me since !

Anyway, thanks for your time (and the thread)
The Following User Says Thank You to charlene17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift charlene17 Ad-Free
20th March 2019, 01:35 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Added a "If you still have unexplained drain" section for all those who still have shitty battery life for apparently no reason, it helped some and I will keep it updated.

Updated main post with new 15h personal record, I won't be doing it again to not wear the battery.
20th March 2019, 05:34 AM |#27  
Flag Banglore
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks OP for all the tips it helped me a lot...
20th March 2019, 06:21 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for this Corvo...

Are you using an exynos or snapdragon?

Also, when do you charge your device? How low do you let it go? 25%? 10 %? Do you charge until 100% ?

Also, do you ever do a full discharge (up to 0)? If so how often do you do that?

Thanks!
20th March 2019, 12:04 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicstg2

@Corv0 I had a bug where I could not download anything at all wiped Google play etc ended up doing a factory reset and don't you steps again and my battery is great thi k stand byvis fixed

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I also had this bug and it is due to the private DNS, if you turn it off everything will work again. Pretty weird
20th March 2019, 03:32 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeatoma

Thanks for this Corvo...

Are you using an exynos or snapdragon?

Also, when do you charge your device? How low do you let it go? 25%? 10 %? Do you charge until 100% ?

Also, do you ever do a full discharge (up to 0)? If so how often do you do that?

Thanks!

I did full cycles full 3-100% charges for a week to let the adaptive battery make form statistics for future usages, from now on I only charge at low power 50-80%, that would help conserve even 95% of the total battery health for two years.
20th March 2019, 03:39 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

I did full cycles full 3-100% charges for a week to let the adaptive battery make form statistics for future usages, from now on I only charge at low power 50-80%, that would help conserve even 95% of the total battery health for two years.

you mean you only using 30% of your battery every day?

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, guide, optimization, performance

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)