FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LED hole punch Notification Light FINALLY a true program!!!!

1,263 posts
Thanks Meter: 296

By iteam, Senior Member on 11th April 2019, 12:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all, I don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but thanks to @Chainfire he has developed a true LED notification app on Google Play Store called Holey Light!!!!!!
NO ROOT REQUIRED!

Here is the link to his amazing work!!!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...light&hl=en_US
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iteam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iteam Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 01:56 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON

More
You'll gotta check this out!!! It's what we've been waiting for!!!!!!!!! Samsung hasn't implemented it and @Chainfire has!!!!!!! I love it!!!
11th April 2019, 04:52 PM |#3  
Flag Zvornik
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Does not work when the screen is turned off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greskac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greskac Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 04:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greskac

Does not work when the screen is turned off.

It does. Just enable AOD.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka
11th April 2019, 05:08 PM |#5  
Flag Zvornik
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsunami

Yeah, sorry, my mistake, work fine.

Thank, good app
11th April 2019, 05:26 PM |#6  
Flag L.A. Area
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Is there a way to add apps for notification in the app settings menu?
11th April 2019, 05:46 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartonyg

Not yet. Still in EARLY BETA
The Following User Says Thank You to iteam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iteam Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 07:04 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartonyg

If you receive a notification from the app that you want the indicator for, it will show in the list of apps IF it can use the LED ring.

I know it's frustrating, but as your apps notify and trickle in, then you can change the notification color.
The Following User Says Thank You to b3y0ndd34th For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b3y0ndd34th Ad-Free
11th April 2019, 11:42 PM |#9  
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 23,904

More
There's a thread in the S10 forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...light-t3917675

Lots of good information and discussion in there for it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...light-t3917675
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift the_scotsman Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 02:56 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsunami

Be cautious enabling AoD. There's a well known bug where the proximity sensor isn't used outside of calls and AoD can frequently activate in your pocket, as well as opening up to the lockscreen, both of which drain your battery. Hopefully Samsung can fix the proximity sensor and pocket detection and then AoD can be enjoyed in all it's glory again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightmastertech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lightmastertech Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 04:48 AM |#11  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmastertech

Be cautious enabling AoD. There's a well known bug where the proximity sensor isn't used outside of calls and AoD can frequently activate in your pocket, as well as opening up to the lockscreen, both of which drain your battery. Hopefully Samsung can fix the proximity sensor and pocket detection and then AoD can be enjoyed in all it's glory again.

Yeah that bug SUCKS! The only way I have found to not wake my phone in my pocket is disable AOD, and raise to wake. I haven't set it off once (that I know of) using just double tap to wake.

Chainfire put out a app tonight that once you setup your AOD you can turn it off and Holey Light still works. I was using AOE until tonight with the release of the helper app. The bad thing with AOE is you can't use your fingerprint from the all black screen but with the helper app and Holey Light your fingerprint works.

Here is the post with the helper app. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=481
The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bp328i Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)