FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Oleophobic coating on edge of display

428 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

By corallus, Senior Member on 2nd July 2019, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've noticed on my S10+ that along the sides of the display, the oleophobic coating isn't coated along the edges leaving these waves of duller black.
Anyone else?
I remember posts about these on S9 or S8 so it's not exactly new issue on Samsung's, but just wondering how common it is..
s10

7th September 2019, 04:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corallus

I've noticed on my S10+ that along the sides of the display, the oleophobic coating isn't coated along the edges leaving these waves of duller black.
Anyone else?
I remember posts about these on S9 or S8 so it's not exactly new issue on Samsung's, but just wondering how common it is..

s10

On my previous Sony phone, i sent the screen for replacement because the oleophobic coating was completely inhomogeneous from edge to center and i could see darker/lighter bands and spots.
The replacement screen was not perfect but usable (embarassing screen factory production chain...).
As soon as in remove the film i ll give a look.
10th September 2019, 04:45 PM |#3  
Flag pnw
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Mine doesn't look like that, it's all uniform..
11th September 2019, 06:47 AM |#4  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Mine has wiped of the parts of the display where I am scrolling...first time ever on a Samsung phone that this happens. Had s8 s7 s6 s4...never happened
12th September 2019, 08:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Interesting. I never had a phone not losing its coating . There is one point in time, usually when a year old, when the screen looks all scratched and banged up, but sooner or later it all evens out. Kinda used to it.
Yesterday, 08:51 AM |#6  
Flag Black Creek, wi
Thanks Meter: 56

Donate to Me
More
Ive never had a Samsung loose its coating. Including my S5. Only ever had an issue with a cheap Polaroid tablet and very slightly on my lg gpad 7.

Sent from my SM-G975U using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)