FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Scrolling smoothness

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,698
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th February 2019, 02:44 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones exhibit choppy scrolling, especially when navigating long web pages when multiple apps are running in the background. Rate this thread to express how you smooth scrolling feels on the Samsung Galaxy S10+ under such conditions. A higher rating indicates that scrolling is always buttery smooth, even when you're reading a 10,000 word article on "how to kiss a girl".

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
 
 
8th April 2019, 07:34 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Assuming the rating is 1 - 10 im giving a 4.
I have come from a Pixel 2xl so i guess its a bit of a unfair comparison but mine definitely jitters and stutters at times.
Mainly on apps like Chrome, Twitter, YouTube Vanced, and sometimes even the settings menu.
-Exynos-
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgedeem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgedeem Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 08:10 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Prijedor
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
0 lags since i got the device. Not using ONE UI, only nova.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
9th April 2019, 12:20 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

Some phones exhibit choppy scrolling, especially when navigating long web pages when multiple apps are running in the background. Rate this thread to express how you smooth scrolling feels on the Samsung Galaxy S10+ under such conditions. A higher rating indicates that scrolling is always buttery smooth, even when you're reading a 10,000 word article on "how to kiss a girl".

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Smooth as butter very snappy havnt had 1 bit of lag
EXYNOS powerrrrr
16th May 2019, 08:32 PM |#5  
Limeybastard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 845
 
More
Smooth in general, however in certain settings menus, the frame rates drop.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
17th May 2019, 08:48 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 168
 
More
Alot of framedrops while scrolling. Too much for 1000$ phone, disapointed in samsung yet again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klemen241 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift klemen241 Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 06:03 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klemen241

Alot of framedrops while scrolling. Too much for 1000$ phone, disapointed in samsung yet again

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...n%20ce_issues/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39r2...ature=youtu.be
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190518-125353_Settings.jpg
Views:	1474
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	4760863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190518-125413_Settings.jpg
Views:	1472
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	4760864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190518-125434_Settings.jpg
Views:	1466
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	4760865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190518-125532_Settings.jpg
Views:	1422
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	4760866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190518-125536_Settings.jpg
Views:	1436
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	4760867  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zjhao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zjhao Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 07:11 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 168
 
More
incredible, thanks
20th May 2019, 10:23 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Yeah turn off digital wellbeing usage tracking and you'll see a major improvement
21st May 2019, 09:11 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I also turned off digital wellbeing and its been butter since.

Side note: Ive also setup as a new device (not restoring from google, or samsung backups). More of a pain, but the battery life now too is unreal
29th May 2019, 12:28 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma4321

I also turned off digital wellbeing and its been butter since.

Side note: Ive also setup as a new device (not restoring from google, or samsung backups). More of a pain, but the battery life now too is unreal

How did you restore your photos and videos?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes