[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S10 + Edge Lighting + Automate AOD!!

Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You need a notification light / LED for your S10 or Galaxy phone?

aodNotify will use Samsung's Always On Display (AOD) as a notification light / LED!

The app will automatically activate the Always On Display (AOD) when you receive notifications and disable it when notifications are cleared. So when you see the AOD you know you have new notifications. Thats the most simplistic way to get notified.

To make notifications more visible an appealing you can finally enjoy a notification light on your S10 or Galaxy phone! For this aodNotify creates an animated edge lighting effect around the screen, camera cutout or notch!

As the app uses Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesnt drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

Furthermore you can automatically activate the Always On Display while charging your phone so you can see the charging state.

FEATURES:
• Notification light / LED for S10
• Activate Always On Display (AOD) on notifications
• Edge lighting effect for incoming notifications
• Disable Always On Display when notifications are cleared
• Select apps which can turn on Always On Display
• Activate Always On Display while charging
• Minimal battery consumption

DEVICES:
• S7 / S8 / S9 / S10
• Note 8 / Note 9
• A6 / A7 / A8 / A9
• A30 / A50 / A70 / A80
• C5 / C7 / C8 / C9
• M30

TRANSLATIONS ARE OPEN NOW:
If youre interested intranslating aodNotify into your language please send an email, i will add you to the group then. Thanks!

Email: jamworks.mobile@gmx.net
Subject: aodNotify Translation

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
update coming soon

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
https%3A%2F%2Fabload.de%2Fimg%2Fe4f0kvo.png
https%3A%2F%2Fabload.de%2Fimg%2Fe3gmjug.png
https%3A%2F%2Fabload.de%2Fimg%2Fe19qjkd.png

Last edited:

corwin_amber

Dec 11, 2011
Thank you so much, installed and sent a coffee instantly. I can confirm that it works perfectly for me.

A suggestion:
I am glad that it does not switch on the aod when charging, but some people might want that as an option.

laureanop

Aug 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Since the proximity sensor is not working properly at the moment and I'm forced to keep AOD off your app is very useful to light up the AOD when my phone is on a table and receives a notification. Thank you very much!!!
Also the instructions and the UI of your app are very easy and intuitive. Great job.

Reactions: Jawomo

lymbe33

May 15, 2011
Because the S10 doesn't have a notification LED i missed a lot notifications.

So i created a little app that uses Samsungs Always On Display (AOD) as notification indicator.
It turns on the AOD on notifications and turns it off when notifications are cleared.
The app has almost zero impact on battery, but gives you a clear visual feedback on incoming notifications.
Sounds simple, but works even better!

Simply select which apps are allowed to turn on Always On Display and get notified on important notifications.
Furthermore you can ignore notifications when the phone is unlocked, so they wont activate the Always On Display.

FEATURES:
  • Activate Always On Display on notifications

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:

does this work on s10 plus ?

lumiden

Oct 28, 2008
I was pretty sure I posted in a thread exactly like this.

Anyway, thank you for your work.

Two important ideas:

1) When I get a notification on whatsapp, it turns AOD on. Great. But if I read the message on Whatsapp Web, AOD stays on until I turn the screen on,. It should disable AOD when the notifaction goes away.

2) It needs a schedule. I want AOD on tap to show + on when new notifcations, except when I go to sleep, then I want it off.

It's a great idea and has future, but for now the Automate flow "AOD LED S10" actually works better for me.

Reactions: veres

VMCR

Jun 20, 2012
Please add the option to just turn AOD for 15 seconds... Not just leaving it on while if have notifications! Great app, thanks!

Reactions: joemill

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your S10 or Galaxy phone?

aodNotify will use Samsung's Always On Display (AOD) as a notification light / LED!

The app will automatically activate the Always On Display (AOD) when you receive notifications and disable it when notifications are cleared. So when you see the AOD you know you have new notifications. Thats the most simplistic way to get notified.

To make notifications more visible an appealing you can finally enjoy a notification light on your S10 or Galaxy phone! For this aodNotify creates an animated edge lighting effect around the screen, camera cutout or notch!

As the app uses Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesnt drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

Furthermore you can automatically activate the Always On Display while charging your phone so you can see the charging state.

FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for S10
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) on notifications
    • Edge lighting effect for incoming notifications
    • Activate Always On Display while charging

DEVICES:
    • S7 / S8 / S9 / S10
    • Note 8 / Note 9
    • A6 / A7 / A8 / A9
    • A30 / A50 / A70 / A80
    • C5 / C7 / C8 / C9
    • M30

TRANSLATIONS ARE OPEN NOW:
    If youre interested intranslating aodNotify into your language please send an email, i will add you to the group then. Thanks!

Email: jamworks.mobile@gmx.net
    Subject: aodNotify Translation

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
    update coming soon
    Uploaded aodNotify 2.01 !

You can now show the edge lighting effect around the camera edge on Galaxy S10 or the notch on the Galaxy A Series when notifications arrive!

Edge lighting:
    • Added camera edge effect!
    • New Eclipse effects
    • Auto color optimized
    • Added display duration
    • Added interval mode
    • Added edge rounding
    • Edge light not visible fixed
    • Optimized UI

General:
    • Added AOD operation modes
    • Added translations!
    • Fixes and optimizations

More features to come soon..
    No working link but like the idea
    working normally here, maybe this helps
    download
    Its the first release, more to come soon ;)
    gathering some feedback atm