FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Official] 4.4.4 CandyKat - Theme chooser/OTA

4,060 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,521

Post Reply Email Thread

This is CandyKat. Built straight from SlimRoms source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses. We have also come up with the Candy Sweetener Pack. This is an Aroma installer that is full of delicious treats. Inspired by the CandyShop thread on XDA it has everything from glow dots to halo mods.

Check us out on the web
The-Candy-Shop

matthew0776
mar5hal
gimmeitorilltell
BMP7777
CyberScopes
cuzz1369
rc420head
flashalot
Venomtester
cannondaleV2000
Darknites
Rapier

CandyRoms

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Steps:
* Download CandyKat.zip
* Download Gapps (optional)
* Place CandyKat.zip on phones memory or SD card
* Boot into recovery (either twrp or cwm)
* Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
* Flash CandyKat.zip (and Gapps if desired)
* Reboot and Enjoi

CandyKat Downlaod

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open.
Sources:
CandyRoms
CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
AOKP
BeanStalk
Paranoid Android
DeviantX
LiquidSmooth

Kernel source:
https://github.com/SlimRoms/kernel_samsung_msm8660
Thanks to: @wantowan2, @NoSpamDan and @car vs driver
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Cuzz1369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzz1369 Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 03:50 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener

Donate to Me
More
Enable root in Developer Options.

Use slim Gapps 4.4
http://slimroms.net/index.php/downlo...1150-addons4-4

Check out our website for changelogs, more supported devices, flashable aroma themes and a ton of cool wallpapers.
http://the-candy-shop.co/index.html

Find us on G+
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...28397827258211
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cuzz1369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzz1369 Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 03:50 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener

Donate to Me
More
Features:
Theme Chooser
CandyCenter(OTA, App Remover, Links)
Hover(PA)
Lockscreen Notifications
App Circle Ribbon
Dark UI (Mms, Dialer, InCallUI, Non-Intrusive, Documents, Calendar, Contacts, DeskClock, SystemUI and more)
DPI Changer (On the fly)
Custom Candy Images
Battery LED Customization
Customizable Quick Settings tiles
Custom Battery Icons
LockScreen Targets/Widgets/Rotation
List View
Toast Animations
SlimPIE
Shake Events
Navbar Customization/Ring Targets
Status Bar Mods- Battery/Center Clock/Brightness Slider
Peek (PA)
Global Menu Options
Slim Recents
Candy sweetener
Custom candy images
Battery led customization
Customizable quick settings tiles
Google id dialer
Non-Intrusive dialer option
ScreenRecorder w/ mic support
LockScreen themes
CandyWrappers (CandyKat wallpapers)
Hardware button config.
Custom carrier label
Slim actions
Chamber of secrets
Heads Up
Battery Bar
Moved Non-intrusive caller back from Slim(Heads Up)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cuzz1369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzz1369 Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 04:28 AM |#4  
Flag New Lenox
Thanks Meter: 5,024

Donate to Me
More
Booya!

--------------------------------------------------------
Candykat maintainer
M8 (current device)
OnePlus One (coming soon)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rc420head For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rc420head Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 01:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 453

More
Awesome! Thanks for this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Jax_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _Jax_ Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 03:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Thanks for this too! I was wondering if the GPS fix posted here is merged into CandyKat: https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/8979/.

Without it, GPS for the skyrocket won't lock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrw0830 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andrw0830 Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 03:38 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrw0830

Thanks for this too! I was wondering if the GPS fix posted here is merged into CandyKat: https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/8979/.

Without it, GPS for the skyrocket won't lock.

New to this device so I don't know the ins and out yet. If its not in I'll get it in asap. Thanks. Any other issues you guys have I'll be happy to fix as best I can.

If its in slimkat then its in candykat. We stay as up to date as possible with everything that's been merged kk4.4 branch of slim.

I tested everything I could before release and GPS had no problem locking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuzz1369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzz1369 Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 05:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzz1369

New to this device so I don't know the ins and out yet. If its not in I'll get it in asap. Thanks. Any other issues you guys have I'll be happy to fix as best I can.

If its in slimkat then its in candykat. We stay as up to date as possible with everything that's been merged kk4.4 branch of slim.

I tested everything I could before release and GPS had no problem locking.

Thanks so much. I was just looking on CandyKat's github and didn't see the change so I was just posting in case people were wondering about it. While I know CandyKat is based on Slim, that specific change didn't look like it was merged since the last time the frameworks/base repo was updated. Just wanted to let you know, thanks again. Hoped I helped, if you need any help regarding the change, let @NoSpamDan know as he was the one who discovered the fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrw0830 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andrw0830 Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 06:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrw0830

Thanks so much. I was just looking on CandyKat's github and didn't see the change so I was just posting in case people were wondering about it. While I know CandyKat is based on Slim, that specific change didn't look like it was merged since the last time the frameworks/base repo was updated. Just wanted to let you know, thanks again. Hoped I helped, if you need any help regarding the change, let @NoSpamDan know as he was the one who discovered the fix.

Figured out its not in source. I'll have a new build up within 12 hours.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuzz1369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzz1369 Ad-Free
21st July 2014, 06:19 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kitchener

Donate to Me
More
Is there a better kernel source I could build with? I notice the slim thread has a from Moretz or something. I just build with stock slum for now which I believe is cm source. I'm open to suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)