FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S II skyrocket softbrick, help recover files ! Clockwork Mod fail?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Andreida, Junior Member on 5th May 2019, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have softbricked my at&t samsung SGH-i727 running Android 2.3.X (probably stock, but I can't remember). I believe I did this when I was in settings and chose to wipe data from my google wallet app. My phone immedidately shut off. Booting phone now has intro animation with flipping colored tiles and then has a black screen instead of loading the gingerbread 2.3 OS. I remember rooting the phone to run outside of at&t network.

I have no recovery backups stored (maybe for the ROM but thats all)

I am able to hold volume up + volume down + power button to enter clockwork mod 5.0.2.7. In separate attempts to be able to boot into android again, I wiped the cache partition, the devlik cache, and repaired permissions. All these functions seemed to work in CWM.

The next step was to try and mount data and recover files to a PC. I encountered this problem.

E: unable to write to ums lunfile (no such file or directory)

After some research on this forum, apparently this version of CWM might not have this function working properly. I thought it was my golden ticket to get my files backed up to PC.

Can someone advise on my next step. It seems there is software for helping me that costs $40-$140, but it isn’t clear to me that it will help. I think the software wants me to put phone in download mode and then connect to the software on my PC.

I am looking to first recover photos, contacts, and message history. After that, getting the phone back to it’s working state would be a nice bonus.

Google Play has not worked for me for at least 3.5 years. Some core apps were still working great though. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. It is not clear if I’m able to charge the phone since I have no feedback for the charging status. TIA !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)