Thanks Meter: 308

By Ragarianok, Senior Member on 20th January 2016, 09:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2016, 08:38 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshamlet

Are you sure you aren't thinking about the original Galaxy S2? The Skyrocket got a CPU upgrade along with LTE support, and it definitely wasn't a PoS. My wife and I finally upgraded when the batteries stopped holding much of a charge, but I keep them around and they are still reasonable devices. We certainly never had a problem with not being able to answer a call, or apps taking too long to load.

I have one on Sultan's old KK ROM and the other I'm using as a test-bed for Candy6. I will admit that LP and MM have been poky on these old phones, but hell, they are 5 years old at this point. That's an awfully good run for any device.

Nope, I'm thinking of the Skyrocket. I had one. I got it in December of 2011. It was AT&T's first LTE phone. Maybe you had better luck if you had a custom ROM but the stock Samsung software was awful. Even after a factor reset. Worst purchase of any kind I have made......EVER.
27th January 2016, 10:49 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Well that was your problem right there. TouchWhiz was particularly awful during those days. It's still not great, but it was absurdly bloated in Android 4 (ICS, JB). If you could revert to Gingerbread, it was actually a decent device with stock, but then you would be running Gingerbread...

CyanogenMod actually ran pretty well, though, and fixed most of the issues Samsung introduced.
5th February 2016, 07:33 PM |#13  
Flag Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom

speak for yourself. mines going onto 4yrs of use, still my dd, everything works, boots up fast to cm10.2, every app works, quick and responsive, original battery, dropped it numerous times and nothing broke, best phone ive ever had.

Here, here

15th October 2019, 03:00 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm posting from my rocket. What year is it? This thing's a beast.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)