Can themes change ringtones and notification sounds?

Search This thread

spitfire2425

Jun 12, 2012
Narnia
Hey guys, I really need help... I'm scared for my phones life right now... I'm running aokp now and it's great. Everything is running perfectly until yesterday. Somehow my notification sound turned into that awful tri-tone sound from the iPhone (that's the only reason its awful) and the ringtone changed into that nasty Maramba tone. I've changed themes a few times so the only explanation is themes change sounds or my phone is turning into an iPhone. D: if this is the case there's only one thing to do, burn the phone then smash it by running it over in my truck.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

crashpsycho

Jun 10, 2011
PHOENIX AZ
Hey guys, I really need help... I'm scared for my phones life right now... I'm running aokp now and it's great. Everything is running perfectly until yesterday. Somehow my notification sound turned into that awful tri-tone sound from the iPhone (that's the only reason its awful) and the ringtone changed into that nasty Maramba tone. I've changed themes a few times so the only explanation is themes change sounds or my phone is turning into an iPhone. D: if this is the case there's only one thing to do, burn the phone then smash it by running it over in my truck.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

From what I was aware of no because the theming normally just deals with icons and looks nothing every really with sound files

This is where it should be since it pertains to themes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Decepticaons

Sep 1, 2011
Byron Center
Yes it can. Cm10 uses a cyanogen tone whereas stock at&t uses firefly or something like that. That's not to say it always does, but yes it can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app