FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Auto-Rooting STOCK Kernels for S6 Edge Plus

4,260 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,992
 
By g.lewarne, Senior Member on 5th September 2015, 08:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After receiving a whole bunch of requests in my kernel thread and via PM I decided to take the plunge and Build a STOCK, NON Unified Auto-Root/BusyBox kernel for the

928 F / I / C / L / K / S
928 T / W8

S6 Edge Plus only

This is a totally stock kernel with absolutely no tweaks or other modifications other than what is require to compile it. It is a Permissive kernel so private mode will break. Built from 928 AOH6 Source drop.

RIGHT NOW THIS IS UNTESTED. ONLY FLASH IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ODIN BACK TO FULL STOCK (in case it does not work)

This is a blind build, I have no 928 testers. Make sure you download the right one for your device!

Flash in ODIN

928 FICLKS >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808951
928 T/W8 >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808952


Source https://github.com/glewarne/SM-G928-CLT

Credits:
@-Mr. X- for T stock boot image
@edgarf28 for F Stock boot image
@Chainfire for SuperSu

Disclaimer
You, the User, Accept full responsibilty for anything you choose to flash to your own device. I cannot be held responsible for any loss of data, income, revenue, software or hardware damage that may occur due to the use, or attempted use of this kernel.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to g.lewarne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift g.lewarne Ad-Free
 
 
5th September 2015, 09:23 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag HB
Thanks Meter: 15
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.lewarne

After receiving a whole bunch of requests in my kernel thread and via PM I decided to take the plunge and Build a STOCK, NON Unified Auto-Root/BusyBox kernel for the

928 F / I / C / L / K / S
928 T / W8

S6 Edge Plus only

This is a totally stock kernel with absolutely no tweaks or other modifications other than what is require to compile it. It is a Permissive kernel so private mode will break. Built from 928 AOH6 Source drop.

RIGHT NOW THIS IS UNTESTED. ONLY FLASH IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ODIN BACK TO FULL STOCK (in case it does not work)

This is a blind build, I have no 928 testers. Make sure you download the right one for your device!

Flash in ODIN

928 FICLKS >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808951
928 T/W8 >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808952


Source https://github.com/glewarne/SM-G928-CLT

Credits:
@-Mr. X- for T stock boot image
@edgarf28 for F Stock boot image
@Chainfire for SuperSu

Thank you, will try this kernel and the TWRP recovery for SG-928C
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jasonl.teehee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jasonl.teehee Ad-Free
9th September 2015, 07:42 PM |#3  
sanders132's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
I'd love to test it on the Sprint G928P if and when you support the P variant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanders132 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanders132 Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 08:44 PM |#4  
Alex-V's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,289
 
More
this is 925 here and not 928 you be wrong here my friend..it's edge not edge +
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex-V For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2015, 10:25 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi,

Is this rooting method tripping knox ? Thanks
12th September 2015, 12:18 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
SM-G925 is S6 Edge and the SM-G928 is the S6 Edge+
This thread should be moved to HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/s6-e...us/development
It's not too hard to understand
The Following User Says Thank You to balx96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift balx96 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 03:39 PM |#7  
zat0x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
Donate to Me
More
Will it trip knox ?
12th September 2015, 03:58 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Dammam
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes, this will trip KNOX. Flashing anything custom will trip KNOX.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-V

this is 925 here and not 928 you be wrong here my friend..it's edge not edge +

Ummmmm. The dev said its for G928 not G925 (also written for S6 Edge Plus Only). So if I am not mistaken, it's for Edge+.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK1149 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AK1149 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 04:09 PM |#9  
makomek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Area 51
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Can't odin .It's a Zip file , extracted out to image file.

oh nevermind I got it
12th September 2015, 06:24 PM |#10  
Phoneguy589's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag S.E. Florida
Thanks Meter: 335
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm sure this is probably a no brainer, but had anyone had any luck with the 928A?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoneguy589 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phoneguy589 Ad-Free
12th September 2015, 09:05 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Dammam
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneguy589

I'm sure this is probably a no brainer, but had anyone had any luck with the 928A?

AT&T and Verizon has locked bootloader. You need to flash a custom kernel to get root. Since you cannot flash it (locked bootloader), you cannot root the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK1149 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AK1149 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes