FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO][OUTDATED]Android 6.0.1 working on SM-G928F!

140 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By Gh3ttoKiLL4, Senior Member on 27th February 2016, 06:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOTE: OFFICIAL 6.0.1 IS OUT FOR SM-G928F
NO NEED FOR THIS ANYMORE!

Hi everyone!

First of all, I don't figured out how this works, it was @adoe !
All credits go to him!

Here comes a little guide on how to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on

SM-G928F

It's confirmed working by myself!

NOTE: I don't know if it triggers the knox counter, as my is already triggered before!
If anyone is brave enough to flash without knowing or doesn't care if it triggers the knox counter, please let me know if it triggered!

Knox counter confirmed to stay on 0x0

1. Download official SM-G928C Android 6.0.1 firmware from Sammobile or another source you probably know.

2. Download .pit file from attachments below. Thanks to @adoe for this file

3. In Odin choose the firmware for SM-G928C as AP (former PDA) and choose ZENLTE_EUR_OPEN_HIDDEN250M.zip as Pit. (NOTE: USE THIS PIT FILE ONLY ON SM-G928F! OTHERWISE YOU WILL HARDBRICK YOUR DEVICE!)

4. Make sure Re-Partition is enabled!

5. Make sure Nand Erase All is enabled!

6. Flash!

7. Let's eat Marshmallows!

8. (optional) For root and deep sleep fix install THIS (thanks to @Chainfire) via Odin as PDA

Screenshots on how to set Odin as well as the Odin version that I use in attachments!

Hope you guys enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	odin1.JPG
Views:	7438
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	3662533   Click image for larger version

Name:	odin2.JPG
Views:	7338
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	3662534  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZENLTE_EUR_OPEN_HIDDEN250M.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.0 KB, 10028 views)
File Type: zip Odin3_v3.10.7.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.03 MB, 2886 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gh3ttoKiLL4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gh3ttoKiLL4 Ad-Free

27th February 2016, 06:59 PM |#2  
Flag Swedistan
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thanks will give it a try..!
27th February 2016, 07:00 PM |#3  
Flag Derby
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n33

Thanks will give it a try..!

Hi mate could you let us know if this trips knox for you at all after flashing? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzy xS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Drizzy xS Ad-Free
27th February 2016, 07:03 PM |#4  
Flag Swedistan
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy xS

Hi mate could you let us know if this trips knox for you at all after flashing? Thanks

Knox is already triggered
27th February 2016, 07:03 PM |#5  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 33

More
would anyone know if there could be any issues going back to normal 928F firmware with all the repartition stuff?
27th February 2016, 07:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uristic

would anyone know if there could be any issues going back to normal 928F firmware with all the repartition stuff?

Every firmware has a own pit file in it. When you flash G928F firmware it will flash it's device specific pit file, wenn you fash G928C firmware it will flash it's device specific pit file, too.
For this, you give odin the device specific pit file for G928F, so that it will work.
When you want to go back on G928F firmware (obviously when official MM firmware comes out) you need no pit file as it's already included in the firmware.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gh3ttoKiLL4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gh3ttoKiLL4 Ad-Free
27th February 2016, 07:25 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy xS

Would like to know it too, as my counter is already triggered.

If anyone is brave enough to flash without knowing or doesn't care if it triggers the knox counter, please let me know if it triggered!
27th February 2016, 07:26 PM |#8  
Flag Weymouth
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Would this work with K or L firmware?
27th February 2016, 07:30 PM |#9  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Im simple flashad the offical 928c rom to my 928f whitout the pit file and no problems
27th February 2016, 07:32 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark3y

Would this work with K or L firmware?

you have to try yourself. sometimes you have to take a risk so that we all can benefit from each other.

let us know!
The Following User Says Thank You to adoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adoe Ad-Free
27th February 2016, 07:32 PM |#11  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh3ttoKiLL4

Every firmware has a own pit file in it. When you flash G928F firmware it will flash it's device specific pit file, wenn you fash G928C firmware it will flash it's device specific pit file, too.
For this, you give odin the device specific pit file for G928F, so that it will work.
When you want to go back on G928F firmware (obviously when official MM firmware comes out) you need no pit file as it's already included in the firmware.

oh cool thank you
So next time when I flash for F variant do I have to select repartition and Nand Erase All again or no need?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)