Root - Custom Rom - Kernel -Gear VR Lag Issue

Search This thread

vargh

May 4, 2015
Kiruna
testlast.varg.li
Hi all! First of Thanks all devs for all of your work (never got oppertunity to give thx)! :D Have been downloading custom rom's from here since S4^^. (I hope I'm in the right forum sub group)
My goal has been to be able to use a custom rom with viper mod, and root to be working with the gear vr without the lag issue.
Ok, so I have been trying different custom rom/kernel mixes for a while now only flashed stuff from my variant (928F) Forum threads. But I have allways have to reflash pure stock to get the Gear VR working without the lag.
I've tried to mix Skyhigh kernel with CRISSCROSS ROM V1.4 [928F/C/G/I][5.1.1][11.12.15][XXU2AOKB][Aroma], Deodexed STOCK ROM 928 F-I-C-L-K-S-G Edge+ [AOK4][3/12/15].
Audax Rom with Audax Kernel and also just rooted stock. Obviously i have been googling, and almost everywhere I didnt find a solution for it.
But in this thread it is stated that the [KERNEL] Stock Modified Kernel | TouchWiz | Auto-Root + Busybox | 11.18.2015 for the T variant and that it is also working for the 928F variant (awesome!!!). However to the question: While on the 928F variant what custom-roms can I use with the Modified kernel by jovy23 (928t) ? Will it be custom roms from the 928F forums or the custom roms from the 928T forums *confused* :eek: ? What particular custom roms running smooth and working can anyone recommend one or a few ?

answers would be nice and many thx to this forum and its devs! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: legalizacion_24

schwarzie2478

Nov 2, 2010
Man, i wish i saw this thread before flashed to a custom rom,
nobody mentions the lag issue! (not on reddit or oculus forum)...

hopefully you can resolve this problem, but back to stock for me.

vargh

May 4, 2015
Kiruna
testlast.varg.li
Hey! I got it to work on my 928F :D
Root, Viper Audio and Gear VR (without lag)

1st I flashed arter97-recovery (through ODIN)
2nd I flashed Kos Rom v3.0 RC4 by kossiewossie in recovery (F Variant)
3rd I flashed [KERNEL] Stock Modified Kernel by jovy23 (T Variant)

..I did full wipe, davik, cache (I dont know if it was necessary)

Now it run flawless, Root, Viper Audio working and Gear VR without the lag :D

Merry Christmas and A Happy new year XDA :victory:

Last edited:

donky kong 017

May 13, 2011
Vienna

Thank you thank you thank you.. That did it for me. I was going crazy on this. Tried everything. I almost gave up on it.
But I did exactly what you did and it works like a charm.

Getting rid of the motion sickness now ?

Happy Holidays everybody. Best Christmas present ever

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

vargh

May 4, 2015
Kiruna
testlast.varg.li
Can confirm that Criss Cross Rom by asc1977 works too. Only thing is that you have to flash Gear VR zip seperatly through recovery. :good:

Probarly as stated in another thread here on XDA the Gear VR "App" lag is a kernel issue. I think since the Modified Kernel by jovy23 is close to stock it works. So maybe all Custom Rom(928F) will work with Gear VR if you flash jovy23's kernel. :)
Awesome Work Devs for flashaholics like me xD

Last edited:

peppi.nl

Mar 28, 2007
I think since the Modified Kernel by jovy23 is close to stock it works. So maybe all Custom Rom(928F) will work with Gear VR if you flash jovy23's kernel.
That is true.

I had Kos Rom v3.0 RC8 with Sky kernel and the Gear VR was terrible. (except for the Google cardboard apps)
I removed the Sky kernel App (SYNAPSE) and flashed the "[KERNEL] Stock Modified Kernel" over the Sky kernel in TWRP. (no wipe of anything)

Now it works like a charm.

Thanks!

vatondo

Jan 12, 2016
Does it works for a S6 edge plus?

Have a doubt guys if I do the same will it work for me?
its a s6 edge plus model: SM-G928A

Can confirm that Criss Cross Rom by asc1977 works too. Only thing is that you have to flash Gear VR zip seperatly through recovery. :good:

Probarly as stated in another thread here on XDA the Gear VR "App" lag is a kernel issue. I think since the Modified Kernel by jovy23 is close to stock it works. So maybe all Custom Rom(928F) will work with Gear VR if you flash jovy23's kernel. :)
Awesome Work Devs for flashaholics like me xD

What Gear VR zip?

/CK

waleedtaqi7

Dec 27, 2012
Im on marshmallow with sky high... but my note 5 does not detect charger when plug in to VR... please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all! First of Thanks all devs for all of your work (never got oppertunity to give thx)! :D Have been downloading custom rom's from here since S4^^. (I hope I'm in the right forum sub group)
    My goal has been to be able to use a custom rom with viper mod, and root to be working with the gear vr without the lag issue.
    Ok, so I have been trying different custom rom/kernel mixes for a while now only flashed stuff from my variant (928F) Forum threads. But I have allways have to reflash pure stock to get the Gear VR working without the lag.
    I've tried to mix Skyhigh kernel with CRISSCROSS ROM V1.4 [928F/C/G/I][5.1.1][11.12.15][XXU2AOKB][Aroma], Deodexed STOCK ROM 928 F-I-C-L-K-S-G Edge+ [AOK4][3/12/15].
    Audax Rom with Audax Kernel and also just rooted stock. Obviously i have been googling, and almost everywhere I didnt find a solution for it.
    But in this thread it is stated that the [KERNEL] Stock Modified Kernel | TouchWiz | Auto-Root + Busybox | 11.18.2015 for the T variant and that it is also working for the 928F variant (awesome!!!). However to the question: While on the 928F variant what custom-roms can I use with the Modified kernel by jovy23 (928t) ? Will it be custom roms from the 928F forums or the custom roms from the 928T forums *confused* :eek: ? What particular custom roms running smooth and working can anyone recommend one or a few ?

answers would be nice and many thx to this forum and its devs! :)