Android OTA 8.0.0 update issues

Search This thread

Miami_Son

Feb 4, 2009
Hurricane Country
Both my S7A and my girl's S7 Edge got the upgrade to OTA 8.0.0 from 7.x.x within a week of each other. They appear to be very similar as far as the changes go, but a few things have us very disturbed. First, battery life has been significantly reduced since the upgrade on both devices. Mine got a new battery installed by Samsung in February, so it is not an age problem. Another issue is the widget we both used to force stop background/unresponsive programs is now gone and nothing is available to replace it. This is a major issue as any time an unresponsive app happens the only way to clear it is to reboot the phone. We both were the habit of stopping BG apps and I think this may be contributing to battery drain. A few, like the SiriusXM app, never shut down completely without being force stopped. Then there is the issue with sharing content. When clicking the Share button for anything the menu that comes up never has the various app icons in the same place. Since the FB, Messenger and now Text icons are all blue and very similar this often results in clicking the wrong one because your mind remembers where you clicked last and muscle memory kicks in. Anyone else seeing issues with this latest update?

DR28

Nov 29, 2017
Anyone else seeing issues with this latest update?
- no access by code *#12580*369# (hardware info);
- no access to many activities that were accessed before (e.g. IMS settings);
- no access to create shortcuts using apps from PlayMarket (e.g. QuickShortcutMaker);
- can't install the SamsungRadio app from .apk

CFoote

Oct 5, 2007
These are some pretty specific issues and I don't perform the activities you do, so I can't comment. For "Sharing", the icons are what they are, just pick carefully.