FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"Curved" Tempered Glass Screen Protector Thread (S7 EDGE)

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By eric150, Senior Member on 22nd February 2016, 11:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Starting thread for Tempered Glass screen Protectors that cover the whole entire front display* and edge*

AMAZINGthing ASAHI Premium Tempered Glass Full Screen Protector
$29.90 Clear

GPEL Full Coverage Accessory Glass by Corning® Screen Protector
$25.00 Black Gold Silver
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eric150 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eric150 Ad-Free

23rd February 2016, 06:16 PM |#2  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,683

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric150

Starting thread for Tempered Glass screen Protectors that cover the whole entire front display* and edge*

LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Crystal Clear
Ships March 17

Says its crystal clear? S6 didn't have any clear tempered class due to adhesion issues on edge.

S7 Edge Screen Protector - Peyou® Curved Full Coverage Premium Tempered Glass] [Ultra Thin 0.2mm Thickness] Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Colors: Black, White, Gold, & Clear
Ships March 20

Honestly, I'd wait on ordering one of these. The boxes all look hella sketchy and the second link doesn't even have anywhere near the right phone as the model image for the S7 (at least the Edge on both of these has an older model picture). Chances of the screen scratching the first couple of weeks while you figure things out is pretty low since the anti-scratch coating doesn't typically begin to wear off until at least a month (Then is usually pretty vulnerable to scratches; especially after 6 months).

I'd save your money for now. S6 Edge definitely didn't have the best screen shield pre-order experience. Fittings were terrible and some didn't even cover the 'edge.'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free
23rd February 2016, 06:37 PM |#3  
Binghamton
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ordered the LUVVITT screen protector
The Following User Says Thank You to jameyny692 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jameyny692 Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 12:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
To be honest, I would use a conventional film screen protector (maybe combined with a case) until something proven reaches the market.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cst79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cst79 Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 01:24 AM |#5  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,588

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cst79

To be honest, I would use a conventional film screen protector (maybe combined with a case) until something proven reaches the market.

There aren't even any good film ones yet. I bought a wet install one for now since its the only thing I could find.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pilz Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 07:52 AM |#6  
Flag Orange, CA
Thanks Meter: 848

Donate to Me
More
Zagg will be making a curved glass screen protector and selling it for $40. Might be better quality than the cheap Chinese ones. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
24th February 2016, 04:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
I contacted Zagg they have are far away from launch. I reached out to them and here is the response:

"We are currently in the process of developing a Glass Invisibleshield that will cover the Galaxy S7 Edge. However, as of right now, it looks like it won't actually be released until late summer or early fall of this year."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iHTC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iHTC Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 04:42 PM |#8  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,588

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHTC

I contacted Zagg they have are far away from launch. I reached out to them and here is the response:

"We are currently in the process of developing a Glass Invisibleshield that will cover the Galaxy S7 Edge. However, as of right now, it looks like it won't actually be released until late summer or early fall of this year."

They might as well not even bother at that rate. Zagg isn't the only player around anymore, so I would put my money elsewhere unless they release something now that's better than what's being offered.
24th February 2016, 11:22 PM |#9  
Flag NEW YORK CITY
Thanks Meter: 570

More
Isn't the S6 Edge basically the same shape, and size as the S7 Edge? They only added a MicroSD slot.... same basic design....

http://www.techarmor.com/tech-armor-...packaging.html
24th February 2016, 11:45 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnixSlayer

Isn't the S6 Edge basically the same shape, and size as the S7 Edge? They only added a MicroSD slot.... same basic design....

http://www.techarmor.com/tech-armor-...packaging.html

No, the S7 screen shape is vastly different even if it resembles the one in S6 Edge. But the same company that made the S6 Edge protector can probably do one for the S7 Edge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cst79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cst79 Ad-Free
25th February 2016, 12:23 AM |#11  
Flag NEW YORK CITY
Thanks Meter: 570

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cst79

No, the S7 screen shape is vastly different even if it resembles the one in S6 Edge. But the same company that made the S6 Edge protector can probably do one for the S7 Edge.

I've been reading online that the S7 is basically using the same enclosures as the S6.... because Samsung didn't sell a lot of them for lack of the MicroSD slot....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)