FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My next phone is very likely to be an S7 Edge

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By running water, Junior Member on 18th March 2017, 09:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good evening you good people of XDA land!

I am looking for a new phone to replace my now very broken and almost dead iPhone 6 plus for a S7 Edge. When I get the new handset I will need a new case for it, but here is my dilemma! what case to go for?

I have read a lot of reviews that say the battery live isn't as good as other handsets win this size, so I'm not sure as weather to try a batter case. I've never used one and I'm a bit concerned that it will add too much bulk to the handset or worst case damage it in some way. for my old Iphone I had a Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal Cover Case and really like it but felt that the metal in places was very thin, and eventually it did break. I was thinking of getting the same for the S7 and getting an external battery charger thing.

I would be grateful for any advise and opinions form you chaps and chapets!

Ta muchly

Running

18th March 2017, 10:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm now using led cover, and work really well, but I don't recommend it for you... because it will open and let your phone face down when fall..... And an battery case can work well and more useful... because my S7E won't last whole day gaming...... ,start at 10 AM and battery dead at 9 PM(which is very good, but not enough for me D so get battery case if you need do fit or game..... if not get other case...... you can last one day without charge if you don't game....
Used since October and no once fall.(sorry if my English not so good)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mengx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mengx Ad-Free
18th March 2017, 10:23 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengx

I'm now using led cover, and work really well, but I don't recommend it for you... because it will open and let your phone face down when fall..... And an battery case can work well and more useful... because my S7E won't last whole day gaming...... ,start at 10 AM and battery dead at 9 PM(which is very good, but not enough for me D so get battery case if you need do fit or game..... if not get other case...... you can last one day without charge if you don't game....
Used since October and no once fall.(sorry if my English not so good)

Thanks,

I do a bit of gaming, but not massive amounts and not really anything to intense. FM16 was as far a I went in my iPhone.

Running
19th March 2017, 02:33 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have the UAG, Spigen Neo Hybrid, Poetic Affinity, and Tech21 Evo frame and so far the Tech21 is my favorite. I do really like the other case and the UAG is my second favorite but it is just a little too busy on back for my taste. All the cases I named are very good though. Hope this helps
20th March 2017, 02:44 PM |#5  
Flag Laporte, IN
Thanks Meter: 730

Donate to Me
More
Why get an S7 edge when s8 is just around the corner?
20th March 2017, 09:42 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

1) $100 discount
2) It still has a headphone jack
3) It still has the fingerprint scanner on the front, where it belongs.
4) If required, there is a working root solution today. There are no guarantees an engineering root (or any root) will ever work on the S8.
20th March 2017, 09:48 PM |#7  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,182

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This, 9 days away from revealing, for sale just after.
20th March 2017, 09:48 PM |#8  
Flag Laporte, IN

Donate to Me
More
1. I'd pay $100 to have such a big difference. It's not like an iPhone that's virtually the same every year.
2.S8 has a headphone jack. Again, it's not an iPhone
3.Finger scanner on back isn't bad. Think about where you place your fingers on back when holding. It's not unergonomic. Plus, bigger screen so...
4. What is root really worth anymore? It's NOTHING like it used to be unless you want broken apps and $hit battery life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe3681 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joe3681 Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 12:21 AM |#9  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:

1. I'd pay $100 to have such a big difference. It's not like an iPhone that's virtually the same every year.
2.S8 has a headphone jack. Again, it's not an iPhone
3.Finger scanner on back isn't bad. Think about where you place your fingers on back when holding. It's not unergonomic. Plus, bigger screen so...
4. What is root really worth anymore? It's NOTHING like it used to be unless you want broken apps and $hit battery life

Thanks Joe, I've been bouncing back on forth on whether to root - mainly out of nostalgia for the fun of ROM swapping and eaking out more life from the phone.

But you've helped convince me there's very little I miss about rooting, nothing that isn't outweighed by stability.
The Following User Says Thank You to smeddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smeddy Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 12:38 AM |#10  
Flag Laporte, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeddy

Thanks Joe, I've been bouncing back on forth on whether to root - mainly out of nostalgia for the fun of ROM swapping and eaking out more life from the phone.

But you've helped convince me there's very little I miss about rooting, nothing that isn't outweighed by stability.

I used to root/jailbreak EVERYTHING. I wouldn't buy a phone I couldn't root. I even still have a Note tablet running a CM Nougat. I wouldn't get a phone I couldn't root, I've built several stable af and reputable ROMs. Now days, especially with Package Disabler I haven't rooted in a long time. Xposed, everything is so problematic. Root cloaks don't hide root from most apps, and MANY apps are broken or simply state they won't work with root. Not to mention you run a kernel meant to be flashed, the phones problem fixed, then flashed stock. It's NOT for daily use. Instability, excessive battery drain, there's nothing enticing about root anymore.
21st March 2017, 07:05 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

It's a cost cutting exercise. I need a new phone and I want one that is as up to date as possible. I've got a iPhone 6 Plus but to upgrade to the 7 plus will set me back around £100 upfront and then £30-40 more a month than the s7.

I'm going to guess that the s8 will cost the same!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)