FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Review] Noreve Ambition Leather Pouch

721 posts
Thanks Meter: 258

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys and gals, it's been a while since I've done a case review and this time it's a case from French manufacturer Noreve, who are known for their hand made, premium and genuine leather cases.

This time around I decided to go for a pouch, as I wanted something different, and was also curious as to how it was going to be crafted, since these are all hand made. Why the pouch, you ask? Well I just think they look great. While not the most practical of cases maybe, as you have to take the device out each and every time you want to use it, and you can't use the always on display, I just think it looks elegant. Going out for the night? Throw this case on. I've found it to be great since you're not distracted when any notifications come in, and when you put it on a table, it just looks elegant like most other phone cases simply do not. I'm not a big fan of plastic cases because they make the device look cheap. Think about it, you buy a phone for nearly $800, then you put a $5 plastic case on it, which just looks terrible. In my opinion, it totally takes away from the phones metal and glass construction. Also with the S7 Edge, I love the way it feels in the hand naked, and with this case you always have that experience.

As always, this case from Noreve is also exceptionally well made. It took a few weeks for it to arrive, since they only start making them once you order one, and depending on the finish, it can take longer or shorter. But normally it's about two weeks, which is perfectly fine for a custom made, leather case.

Unboxing a Noreve case is always an event. It comes in a very handsome red box, which is sealed by plastic wrap. Inside the box, you'll find a protective red pouch for your case - this is a very nice touch, and I love that they do this, when they really don't have to. But the devil is in the details. Inside the pouch, you'll find your case - and the first thing that you'll probably notice is the brilliant smell of genuine leather. It just adds something to the overall experience that I enjoy.

The case is made exceptionally well. Noreve cases have always been constructed with very high attention to detail, but I believe it's even higher now as there are no flaws with the case whatsoever. Because this is a pouch style case, there are no cut outs for the camera, power or volume rocker buttons. None for the micro USB or headphone jack, either. The only cut outs are for the speakers on the bottom. I think this is perfectly fine, and whenever I wanted to charge the phone or plug in some headphones, I'd just reverse the phone and put it into the pouch in reverse. I found this to be a practical and easy solution.

In conclusion, I am pretty much blown away by this company yet again. Never received a bad case from them, they only seem to get better. Mine is in the Ambition (grained leather) finish, but Norever offer a whole bunch of different finishes which you can also then customize. Basically, the sky is the limit. These guys can do whatever you want. They're a bit on the pricey side (my case was $45.40 - free shipping with DHL) but as we all know, you get what you pay for. This is not one of those Chinese made, fake leather cases which will rip and tear after a few months. Hell, I'm still using the one I have for my Galaxy Nexus, which should say something.

Here are some pictures below of this beauty. Thank you all for reading, and here's a link to their product page.

Cheers.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ynrozturk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ynrozturk Ad-Free

8th May 2016, 12:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Can you elaborate on the inner material? How screen friendly is it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
8th May 2016, 05:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antisp1n

Can you elaborate on the inner material? How screen friendly is it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The inner material is also leather, but more of a matte leather with the company logo branded into it. I'll try to get a picture up for you, but I haven't had any problems with it scratching the screen.
9th May 2016, 10:50 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laventura

looks good , where can you get it ? u.S ?

You can just order online from their site here, I believe they have worldwide free shipping with DHL.
9th May 2016, 01:22 PM |#5  
Flag East Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Honestly to me that looks like a recipe for disaster. If anything like a grain of sand gets in it, you are running the screen down the inside material and it could scratch it.
9th May 2016, 03:23 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilinmichael

Honestly to me that looks like a recipe for disaster. If anything like a grain of sand gets in it, you are running the screen down the inside material and it could scratch it.

Depends on where you live and what you do I guess. Last time I was in contact with actual sand was like 4 years ago.
9th May 2016, 05:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 329

Donate to Me
More
Nice review and beautiful pictures.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felloffthetruck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift felloffthetruck Ad-Free
12th May 2016, 12:59 AM |#8  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 556

More
Great review and photos, but it's not for me personally.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
19th May 2016, 02:02 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81

Great review and photos, but it's not for me personally.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Cheers, thanks for reading. Just want to provide options
The Following User Says Thank You to ynrozturk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ynrozturk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)