FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] RENOVATE EDGE 7.2.0|G935FXXU1DQB7|ANDROID 7.0.1|SVN|TWEAKS|NIGHTLY

5,744 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,294

By mwilky, Recognized Developer on 18th March 2016, 01:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mwilky: 7.2.0 Released!
13th February 2017, 11:34 PM |#5001  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorstiG

OK You are the Dev, thanks for your honest answer and you have my respect

Thanks for taking the time to look into things though, good to see people getting involved!
The Following User Says Thank You to mwilky For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th February 2017, 11:42 PM |#5002  
Flag Banja Luka RS
Thanks Meter: 2,292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilky

Thanks for taking the time to look into things though, good to see people getting involved!

It's a pleasure!
14th February 2017, 12:25 AM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Still can't get past samsung logo on new version with W8. Others with W8 are reporting the same, @mwilky do you have any idea what might be the cause? Pre 6 works fine
14th February 2017, 12:58 AM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thexcodec

Still can't get past samsung logo on new version with W8. Others with W8 are reporting the same, @mwilky do you have any idea what might be the cause? Pre 6 works fine

+ 1
The Following User Says Thank You to glai3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glai3 Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 01:11 AM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

User error does not = ROM problems.
From what Ive been reading in many cases the errors could even have been avoided if users were not so lazy and cant be bothered to read the OP and install directions.
I am having zero issues with Nougat on my device thus far, but I read everything and make sure I fully understand what Im flashing before I flash it.
Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch Im not saying there are not sometimes legit bugs and issues for people...it happens and is all part if what we do here.
But there is nothing more annoying then people complaining about issues that they themselves have created by their own ignorance.
Sent from my Note 7, S7 Edge or S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDevOS

Uhhhhh which threads were you reading ? Nougat is more stable than mm in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people have that opinion too. Well a lot of us can switch cause we have the time. And nougat gives better performance, battery life, some features(UX and some other stuff). But really if you don't want to switch cause you don't want to go through a lot of trouble, by all means stay on mm. It's stable enough. Here on XDA, we test and develop. A lot of people like to try out new things on their phones and they can do so on XDA.
Sent from my Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs

Ok, I'll take you guys word for it. I'm definitely interested in flashing it if it is more stable and faster. And I'm very happy to follow instrux to the letter, but here's the one part I might disagree with you on. I have read the OP several times and see absolutely NO installation instructions, other than the CSC choices. So here's my last question, and then I won't take any more of your time. If i'm coming from Renovate 4.0, I am assuming the following steps, please correct me if i'm wrong:
1. Fash DPLT Edge firmware. 2. Flash ZPL3 modem/bootloader. Complete wipe of internal storage, and flash Renovate Rom 7.0. Finally flash Superstock Kernel v2.1.5.
If there's an instrux link, or anything I have wrong or are leaving out, please let me know. Thanks.
14th February 2017, 03:06 AM |#5006  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Don't u have to re root after flashing kernel maybe?
The Following User Says Thank You to Shuthefrontdoor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shuthefrontdoor Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 03:17 AM |#5007  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glai3

+ 1

+2

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
14th February 2017, 03:40 AM |#5008  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just did a clean flash of r89, newbie question : how to check the screen on time / SOT?
The Following User Says Thank You to GunVein For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GunVein Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 04:50 AM |#5009  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunVein

Just did a clean flash of r89, newbie question : how to check the screen on time / SOT?

Settings, device management, battery, battery usage, screen
14th February 2017, 04:58 AM |#5010  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Post #4 still mentions DPLT firmware n not DQB3...Nethin wrong??
14th February 2017, 08:04 AM |#5011  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thexcodec

i will have a look for next release
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)