[KERNEL][G935] AMOLED PWM flicker free

1,089 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,809

By Wootever, Senior Member on 12th December 2016, 11:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2017, 07:27 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have reinstalled stock rom, re-rooted my phone using SuperSU. TWRP is now installed and working.

Update: I have flashed the v11 kernel on my phone (6.0.1 MM) using TWRP install. Did not wipe any data. Rebooted the system. Seems like nothing has changed. The PWM flicker is still there.

Update 2: I flashed the kernel again, this time i wiped the cache and dalvik cache before and after the installation of kernel zip file. Still no change. The screen still flickers even though system shows kernel already installed (see screenshot on the left - flicker bands visible). I think the combination of MM stock rom version and kernel version doesn't go together.

Update 3: Finally got it to work. I installed Nougat stock rom from sam mobile. I chose the stock rom with the exact software build that the PWM-free kernel is based on, which is Nougat 7.0 (G935FXXU1DQB7). Flashed the stock Nougat 7.0 via Odin. This combination works - Flashed TWRP 3.0.2-4, then installed no verity v5.1, then installed Updated-SuperSU 2.82 (stable), then installed v14 of the flicker free kernel, - no more PWM screen flickering (see screenshot - no more flicker bands). But somehow the phone becomes unrooted. Installed latest Magisk v13.1, the phone is now rooted, and safetynet passed. Keep getting error from Samsung's security app "unauthorised action has been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorise changes". I downloaded App Disabler from Play store and disabled the SecurityAgent. No more nagging error message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mm.jpg
Views:	1324
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	4227514   Click image for larger version

Name:	nougat.jpg
Views:	1322
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	4227515  
17th July 2017, 02:11 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm thinking of going back to MM. I tried the v11 that was posted earlier but cant get it to work on MM (G935FXXS1BPLO). Does anyone have the marshmallow version of the kernel in .tar format? Or even the zip version (any MM version) is fine too.
26th July 2017, 05:27 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have been experiencing alot of headache while using my OnePlus 3T and I think it is because of the PWM flicker. I don't have much knowledge about this stuff so can someone explain to me what is a kernel ? And will this PWM flicker free kernel work on my Oneplus 3T? Because I need it badly! I'm experiencing too many headaches!
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
27th July 2017, 04:05 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy21271

I have been experiencing alot of headache while using my OnePlus 3T and I think it is because of the PWM flicker. I don't have much knowledge about this stuff so can someone explain to me what is a kernel ? And will this PWM flicker free kernel work on my Oneplus 3T? Because I need it badly! I'm experiencing too many headaches!
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A kernel is the thing that controls your device.... And no this kernel only works with the S7 Edge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
14th August 2017, 08:44 PM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,809

More
Updated to current source G935FXXU1DQG1
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wootever For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wootever Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 02:42 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I have 6.0 stock f/w, what version i need
15th August 2017, 08:47 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Mine having grey line on dark background after installed v15, any workaround?
17th August 2017, 02:40 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yotaphone 2
Will it work with yotaphone 2 ?

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Is there a flicker-free karnel for yotaphone 2 ?
18th September 2017, 07:36 PM |#110  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Hi All. Will this Kernel solve the Horizontal lines problem which came all of a sudden in my SM935FD ( Indian Dual Sim Version)
20th September 2017, 09:41 PM |#111  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 126

More
+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)