FORUMS

[Recovery][Exynos] Official TWRP for Galaxy S7 edge (hero2lte)

1,492 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,213

Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2018, 01:35 PM |#2221  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When Im installing TWRP on first roobt its said that I cannot start system and got just option restart on lower panel on screen?
2nd August 2018, 02:49 PM |#2222  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
No matter how hard I try, it's not possible to get rid of encryption and I always get internal storage = 0 inside twrp
2nd August 2018, 03:13 PM |#2223  
Flag sandakan
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnokiafan

No matter how hard I try, it's not possible to get rid of encryption and I always get internal storage = 0 inside twrp

have u try "format data" ?
if not, u had to do that, but remember to backup storage before proceed
2nd August 2018, 08:42 PM |#2224  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy16

Of course mate. I've successfully completed the task multiple times on other devices. Last week on a Galaxy A5 on oreo and a couple of months ago on my S7. But yesterday I flashed the latest stock oreo and that's the result. I just wanted a stock rom with my personal debloat and that's where I'm at now
5th August 2018, 07:38 AM |#2225  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnokiafan

In file manager (Solid Explorer or other) check hidden folder. Twrp ok, presents internal storage.
5th August 2018, 01:55 PM |#2226  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy16

A user suggested not to swipe for modifications, in order not to trigger the dm-veriti thing. Then flash both dm-verity and remove_encription, then magisk.

I don't know if this might work.
7th August 2018, 12:41 PM |#2227  
Thanks Meter: 12,321

More
Version 3.2.3-0 is out.
Changelog:
Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
Remove SuperSU from TWRP
Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mauam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauam Ad-Free
10th August 2018, 01:27 PM |#2228  
Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Coding City
Thanks Meter: 29,290

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys

Some may know me, some probably not. It's not important who I am BUT I found that our device tree for TWRP builds is damn outdated (based on MM).

I don't know if you faced this issue already, but some people couldn't mount /data partition in TWRP even though they removed encryption. Why this happens?

Explanation:
Samsung added quota support in their oreo update for the /data partition. Means a TWRP update with proper quota support is needed to get this new feature to work. Till now, many developer simply disabled this feature again on their kernels (so they can mount /data without issues on the old TWRP).

What I did:
I updated the tree with the latest files, kernels and so on. Including the above mentioned quota support.

This TWRP version works on stock and supported oreo kernels. Older kernels (which removed quota to fix mounting problems) won't work here. Please advice your kernel developer to update his kernel with the changes

Download:
Img file (flash via TWRP)
tar.md5 file (flash via odin)
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tkkg1994 Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 02:47 PM |#2229  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

Hey guys

Some may know me, some probably not. It's not important who I am BUT I found that our device tree for TWRP builds is damn outdated (based on MM).

I don't know if you faced this issue already, but some people couldn't mount /data partition in TWRP even though they removed encryption. Why this happens?

Explanation:
Samsung added quota support in their oreo update for the /data partition. Means a TWRP update with proper quota support is needed to get this new feature to work. Till now, many developer simply disabled this feature again on their kernels (so they can mount /data without issues on the old TWRP).

What I did:
I updated the tree with the latest files, kernels and so on. Including the above mentioned quota support.

This TWRP version works on stock and supported oreo kernels. Older kernels (which removed quota to fix mounting problems) won't work here. Please advice your kernel developer to update his kernel with the changes

Download:

Could you do the same modification for the hero2ltekor variants? Thanks!
14th August 2018, 04:29 PM |#2230  
Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Coding City
Thanks Meter: 29,290

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonomy

Could you do the same modification for the hero2ltekor variants? Thanks!

I don't have a kernel nor an updated device tree for this variant. I'm afraid you won't get that update unless you can manage it yourself
The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tkkg1994 Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 11:49 PM |#2231  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

Hey guys

Explanation:

What I did:

Download:

So this is was the reason on oreo that after flashing magisk in twrp and rebooting, twrp won't see /data ?

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)