[ROM][G935F/FD/W8/S/K/L][7.1.1] OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S7 Edge

Search This thread

stepstra

Jan 20, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
Samsung Galaxy S23
@Fevax I'm curious: why are the packages for our S7 Edge so much bigger than other LineageOS versions (I use other Samsung devices where the packages are about 380 MB big)? And is there any progress on the WiFi stability? Thanks for your work!

Edit: forget the WiFi question - with today's build (20170124) I finally can have Mobile data AND WiFi turned on at the same time!

Last edited:

RukusX7

Jan 11, 2011
Red Deer
Google Pixel 4a
@Fevax I'm curious: why are the packages for our S7 Edge so much bigger than other LineageOS versions (I use other Samsung devices where the packages are about 380 MB big)? And is there any progress on the WiFi stability? Thanks for your work!

Edit: forget the WiFi question - with today's build (20170124) I finally can have Mobile data AND WiFi turned on at the same time!

Are you comparing 32bit lineage OS builds to our 64 bit builds?

Kikill3r

Nov 1, 2013
Just for your info @Fevax
it still says "All sensors except fingerprint sensor" in the main post, even tho it's working great

German Developer

Jan 25, 2015
On the download page, you can choose between G930 (flat S7) and G935 (S7 Edge) variants of the firmware.

McfmP7f.png

There's also a thread for this rom on the G930 forum.

Thx for the nooby question, I am new to the S7 I were a dev on the s3 neo community, so I am learning about the s7

sessingø

Jun 4, 2014
In regards to the crackling stuttering sound, I've noticed that it happens for me with TuneIn under some circumstances and that TuneIn for some reason does not uses AudioFX to process the muaic/sound. Also choosing a higher quality stream increases the chance for stuttering. Not sure if it has any influence etc on the bug itself, just trying to help out getting the issue solved ?

Also screen rotating is only working sometimes in some apps. For instance can't turn screen in play store, but camera works fine.

Other than that the rom is fast and great, really improved a lot compared to some weeks ago so great work to the devs!

Last edited:

sessingø

Jun 4, 2014
Fingerprint reader not working on the 27th build. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Same here the fingerprint stuff is completely gone from within the settings app.

Also the hardware buttons vibrate when the phone is off and screen rotation is not working properly when auto screen brightness has been disabled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QCgMClH.png

Code:
    [COLOR="red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

/* What’s working */
    Audio
    Bootanimation
    Brightness Level
    Bluetooth
    Camera *needs to be improved
    Fingerprint reader
    Microphone
    MTP
    NFC
    Wi-Fi
    LED
    RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data)
    Torch
    All sensors except fingerprint reader
    SD Card
    Capacitive buttons
    Torch
    Wi-Fi Hotspot

/* What’s not working */
    You tell me

Install Instructions
    1. Download ROM from the link below.
    2. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/factory reset.
    3. Flash the rom in recovery.
    4. Reboot device.
    5. Now you can help me to find bugs :)

Downloads

Latest Build​

ExyGen² staff:
    Fevax, fedegin, jah2110, briann_cs

If you are happy with my work, please:

Thank You! :victory:

XDA:DevDB Information
    OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S7 Edge, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Contributors
    Fevax, jesec
    Source Code: https://github.com/Fevax

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N Bootloader and Modem
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-04
    Last Updated 2017-06-10
    Changelog:

20170115 -> 20170205
    - Fingerprint deletion bug is now fixed by preventing users to enroll more fingerprints than what HW allow.
    - Some network-related problems are now fixed.
    - Battery life should be improved now.
    - HW encoders and decoders are enabled again.
    - Size of package is reduced. (from approx. 570M to 460M)
    - Wi-FI hotspot is fixed.

01/15
    hero-common: disable Exynos HW encoders
    * This change fixed video recording(in camera app and other apps like Snapchat).

audio: redo mixer_paths
    * This change fixed headset mic and other audio-related problems.

01/14
    Off-mode charging is fixed.

01/13
    Fingerprint reader is now fixed.

01/11
    kernel: bcmdhd4359: update to 1.363.59.181
    * This change updates Wi-Fi driver to a much newer version. Should improve Wi-Fi stability and signal strength.

01/09
    hero-common: add back Snap camera
    - Image quality of built-in camera should be better now.

PD: Some users are reporting battery drain on this build.

01/08
    universal8890: Use custom rssi buckets, ignoring rssnr
    - This change should make LTE signal looks stronger.

hero: add power profile
    - This change fixed battery stats.

vendor: wifi: set country code to ALL
    - This change should fix Wi-Fi problems in some countries.

vendor: wifi: add some hacks to make Wi-Fi signal strength stronger
    - I am not sure if it works lol.

01/07
    - Vibrator is now fixed.
    - Rendering issues is now solved (but not on stock android browser, you are recommended to use Chrome or other browsers).
    - Enabled multiwindow support.
    - Some performance improvements.
    - Add gains to input/output volume(should fixed low volume problem in some situations). Also maybe mic problem of Viber and some IM apps is fixed.

01/05
    - Snap Camera was removed and has been replaced by Google Camera, now the camera should work a lot better than previous build.
    - GPS now has been completly fixed, it was working but with some errors that cause performance issues.
    - Microphone was not working on some applications, now should work fine. Still have some problems while using headphones, we're working on that.
    - General performance has been improved.
    - DualSIM support, now should work on FD variant, please report.
    - Now the random freeze problem should be gone.
    - Video playback will work after a second reboot due to SELinux, please report.

01/02
    - Camera has been fixed, it won't work anymore when you closed it due to some HAL problems, we're working on that. It will work again after a few minutes.
    - Now flashlight it's working, but it will work when camera works.
    - GPS has been fixed.
    - Low volume audio via headphone jack has been fixed.

12/30
    - Initial Release.
    Will our s7 edge get official lineage os ?
    we are launching official builds next week
    I never say this is daily driver, in fact on thread says this is a WIP and yes, some features are working great, but other "seems to work" (not tested or with small problems)
    You can use as daily driver if you want, but it's not my business...
    So, for me the best title for my project is BETA, we are not on that early phase, but we are far from a 100% stable build, I'm sorry if you don't like this, but I can't lie, I hate to say "this works" when I know it's failing inside...
    We have a good project and good people working all the time we have, it's just about time to get a more mature state
    (and yes, this and RR are the same, so...)
    New build is available now.

Changelog:

01/05
    - Snap Camera was removed and has been replaced by Google Camera, now the camera should work a lot better than previous build.
    - GPS now has been completly fixed, it was working but with some errors that cause performance issues.
    - Microphone was not working on some applications, now should work fine. Still have some problems while using headphones, we're working on that.
    - General performance has been improved.
    - DualSIM support, now should work on FD variant, please report.
    - Now the random freeze problem should be gone.
    - Video playback will work after a second reboot due to SELinux, please report.