FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SM-G935/Exynos] CF-Auto-Root

10,818 posts
Thanks Meter: 80,962

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 15th March 2016, 06:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CF-Auto-Root is now available from the repo - http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

Before flashing, make sure you have enabled "OEM unlock" from "Developer Settings" !

Note that CFAR's display code isn't yet compatible with the S7, as such, there is no output on screen. This means that after flashing with ODIN, the device will only show you the S7 logo, and it seems like nothing happens. Just leave the device alone for 5 minutes. It'll reboot a few times, then boot into Android, but now you have root.

If it still doesn't do anything after 5 minutes, something has gone wrong, and you should probably reflash your stock boot.img and recovery.img.
The Following 241 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th March 2016, 06:46 PM |#2  
Flag United Arab Emirates
Thanks Meter: 535

More
Thank you very much 😊😊😊

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSH2000FF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSH2000FF Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 06:47 PM |#3  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,201

Donate to Me
More
Wish I had the exynos version. Great work!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danon.brown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danon.brown Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 06:58 PM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 732

More
Currently rooted after flashing the CF-autoroot through TWRP. Would flashing this file over Odin be any different? I mean both end up being rooted right?
15th March 2016, 07:00 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

CF-Auto-Root is now available from the repo - http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

Before flashing, make sure you have enabled "OEM unlock" from "Developer Settings" !

Note that CFAR's display code isn't yet compatible with the S7, as such, there is no output on screen. This means that after flashing with ODIN, the device will only show you the S7 logo, and it seems like nothing happens. Just leave the device alone for 5 minutes. It'll reboot a few times, then boot into Android, but now you have root.

If it still doesn't do anything after 5 minutes, something has gone wrong, and you should probably reflash your stock boot.img and recovery.img.

Thanks Chainfire!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
15th March 2016, 07:05 PM |#6  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 87

More
@Chainfire You are the best! May you live 4 ever so that my kids, Grand kids and grand grand grand grand kids can enjoy the awesome work you do.
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Neemac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neemac Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 07:10 PM |#7  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Thank you sooo very much Chainfire!
The Following User Says Thank You to el7145 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift el7145 Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 07:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemac

@Chainfire You are the best! May you live 4 ever so that my kids, Grand kids and grand grand grand grand kids can enjoy the awesome work you do.

Awesome response
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ashishpmb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashishpmb Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 07:27 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Will this work on dual sim variant G935FD?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to muhammadshais For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muhammadshais Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 07:51 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Thank you very much, @Chainfire!
15th March 2016, 07:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thank you very much. You are the best
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread