FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TMoblify - SM-G935F Nougat with T-Mobile WiFi Calling, VoLTE, RCS

2,991 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,500

Post Reply Email Thread
Update (2018-06-13): This project is discontinued. I no longer have any interest in debugging device-specific issues related to this CSC (like the modem sometimes failing to initialize on the SM-G955F). In addition, the risk of emergency calls not working is too great for me.

With the release of the Nougat beta for the S7 Edge, Samsung finally upgraded their IMS framework from 5.0 to 6.0 in the international ROMs. This gives the international ROMs almost all the functionality needed to support WiFi calling, VoLTE, RCS, and other carrier features on the SM-G935F. This project provides a flashable support package to add the T-Mobile specific components.

Enjoy!

---
NOTE: Because the telephony stack is modified, please ensure that emergency/E911 calls still work. Contact your local authorities to find out how to test emergency calls. Even though modding your device may be fun, a phone is still a phone, and you'll never know if you'll need it in an emergency situation.
---

Current versions:

T-Mobile components:
  • System: G935TUVS4BQC1
  • CSC: G935TTMB4BQC1

Flashing instructions

1. Back up the EFS partition and save it outside of the device. This zip will modify the EFS partition in order to switch to the "TMB" CSC.
  2. Flash TMoblify. This includes the files necessary for the T-Mobile carrier features. It includes a modified copy of the T-Mobile CSC where the network lock is removed.
  3. Reboot.

Downloads:

All downloads are available at: https://mega.nz/#F!VxZhHSiY!MU4N3wk3OFOqvWTJsExZGw

---

All of the files are signed and can be verified with the .asc signature files. To verify the signatures, use your favorite PGP tool or run:

Code:
gpg --recv-key 2233C479609BDCEC43BE9232F6A3B19090EFF32C
gpg --verify filename.zip.asc filename.zip
If the file is valid, a message similar to the following will be printed:

Code:
gpg: Signature made Wed 07 Dec 2016 01:09:33 AM UTC
gpg:                using RSA key 2233C479609BDCEC43BE9232F6A3B19090EFF32C
gpg: Good signature from "Xiao-Long Chen <[email protected]>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 2233 C479 609B DCEC 43BE  9232 F6A3 B190 90EF F32C

XDA:DevDB Information
TMoblify, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Contributors
chenxiaolong
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: TouchWiz

Version Information

Created 2016-12-07
Last Updated 2018-06-13
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenxiaolong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chenxiaolong Ad-Free

7th December 2016, 04:34 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Solon

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to chenxiaolong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chenxiaolong Ad-Free
7th December 2016, 04:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Solon

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
7th December 2016, 06:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
can you please mirror the link...i m having difficulty in downloading throug mega. one more question will volte function will work in india ??
7th December 2016, 12:33 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Nice work
Will this work with 930P sprint variant?
7th December 2016, 12:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Solon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4MI21

can you please mirror the link...i m having difficulty in downloading throug mega. one more question will volte function will work in india ??

I'm currently waiting for my AndroidFileHost dev account request to be approved. Once that happens, I'll will mirror the files.

As far as VoLTE goes, this is meant for people using the SM-G935F on T-Mobile (USA) only. It will not enable any network features for other carriers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenxiaolong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chenxiaolong Ad-Free
7th December 2016, 01:00 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Solon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhan49

Nice work
Will this work with 930P sprint variant?

Thanks! This will not work with any of the US models, like the SM-G930P (it's a ROM for the Exynos models). However, if I remember correctly, I thought all the US models were compatible and you could simply flash the SM-G935T or SM-G935U firmware.
7th December 2016, 03:27 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5,366

More
TWRP: 3.0.2.4

BL used: G935FXXU1BPJG & G935FXXU1APB3
CP used: G935FXXU1BPJG & G935FXXU1APB2

Phone: SM-G935FD
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Ok. Had reverted my phone to stock last week in preparation to sell it. Figured I'd try this out while waiting. Re-flashed TWRP with Odin, set up dm-verity, formatted /data/ (after the rom didn't work the first time), and flashed the (4) files from above. Rom booted and threw a message about unlocking the device with the Device Unlock application. Clicked OK and started the setup process, but no mobile connection. After the setup, there was a notification that the sim card is locked. Couldn't do much in the network settings. Didn't see any T-Mobile apps in the drawer or applications list.

Since you have the phone and same carrier, I assume you have this working. Where did I mess up?

Thanks
8th December 2016, 12:20 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
A few questions:
Thanks for the work. I have a few questions:

1. How would I get this working on a 930F?
2. Is the T-Mobile support package something that I can use on other 7.0 custom roms (odex/deodexed) or is it specific to stock?
3. How would I root the phone (I've never run Android 7 not on a custom pre-rooted rom)?
8th December 2016, 01:00 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Solon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3

A few questions:
Thanks for the work. I have a few questions:

1. How would I get this working on a 930F?

I personally don't know the answer to this. I haven't looked into the differences between the Flat and Edge variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3

2. Is the T-Mobile support package something that I can use on other 7.0 custom roms (odex/deodexed) or is it specific to stock?

You should be able to use this in other TW 7.0 ROMs (both odexed and deodexed). The files are from the SM-G935T ROM, but are not device-specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3

3. How would I root the phone (I've never run Android 7 not on a custom pre-rooted rom)?

SuperSU is currently broken with TW 7.0 due it's method of handling SELinux. You'll need to use Magisk + phh Superuser.

Magisk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...mless-t3473445
Superuser: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...d-pay-t3435921

It might be easiest to flash the T-Mobile support package on top of your existing ROM if you're already running TW 7.0.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenxiaolong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chenxiaolong Ad-Free
8th December 2016, 01:06 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Solon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstark27

TWRP: 3.0.2.4

BL used: G935FXXU1BPJG & G935FXXU1APB3
CP used: G935FXXU1BPJG & G935FXXU1APB2

Phone: SM-G935FD
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Ok. Had reverted my phone to stock last week in preparation to sell it. Figured I'd try this out while waiting. Re-flashed TWRP with Odin, set up dm-verity, formatted /data/ (after the rom didn't work the first time), and flashed the (4) files from above. Rom booted and threw a message about unlocking the device with the Device Unlock application. Clicked OK and started the setup process, but no mobile connection. After the setup, there was a notification that the sim card is locked. Couldn't do much in the network settings. Didn't see any T-Mobile apps in the drawer or applications list.

Since you have the phone and same carrier, I assume you have this working. Where did I mess up?

Thanks

Your process was correct. I'd imagine this has to due with how TouchWiz handles the your dual-SIM variant. The T-Mobile CSC does not support dual-SIM, so it's likely that the presence of the second slot would confuse the system.

I do have this working on my phone, but I have the regular SM-G935F.

System: G935FXXU1ZPKK
Modem: G935FXXU1ZPKH
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)