Welcome to Project Pizza Treble For Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Exynos
Some information you should know..
- This is a full Samsung based Treble Vendor/Kernel implementation for the Exynos8890
- If you want to report a Bug, read the F.A.Q First Then provide a logCat OR LoggingKit.zip with detailed explanation
- Read the instructions and the F.A.Q Before installing the rom or posting a reply.
- [FOR DEVS] You are allowed to customize this vendor if you want to use it in ROMs with proper credits. but not to distribute 1:1 copies
- Personal Notes
So, While this project might be a bit controversial due to the nature of it, i was approached by enough people were such project would make sense, it so happens that @kill-switch came to the country i am in, and i managed to get my hands on his S7 edge to develop this project, it was a time crunch, but thanks to past experience, and the testers involved. we have created a 1:1 replica of an official Samsung Trebelized vendor implementation for Exynos8890 Flagships.
This project aims at NOT letting these devices die, and give users the opportunity to be on the bleeding edge of Android. Having the ability to boot Android Q while its still being BETA tested by google is something fun, and i hope the users of this project enjoy that. There are shortcuts with our implementation as i dont have the skills required to compile a vendor straight from source, so using some scripts and patching done in collaboration with @corsicanu we made a project that should already support Android Q even before it drops officially. But ofcourse until then, you are recommended to flash Pie based GSIs if you want to run a daily and stable ROM. With all that said, if you appreciate this project, leave a Thank, constructive criticism and help your fellow members out if they run into problems.
Now if it wasn't clear, i don't actually own an S7. so my work on this vendor was limited to my physical access to a device that lasted around 4 days. However i am interested in getting one, infact i am saving for it. if you would like to accelerate that, Feel free to donate to my Paypal
- Initial Notes:
1. Don't forget to check bugs before asking questions
2. Since most of the GSIs are AOSP, forget about VoLTE, Knox features, Samsung apps, Camera mods or features, or other Samsung related features.
3. You can use any non-treble rom even if you have treble vendor installed, as long as you flash a non-treble kernel. The rom will ignore your vendor and everything will be as non treble.
4. No other kernel supports treble now, don't try to flash/boot with others unless they specifically mention that the kernel supports treble or you will drastically fail.
5. Android Q GSIs are supported and boo-table, however contain too much unfixable bugs at the moment such as WiFi, so be patient until official GSIs are released.
6. sGSIs are supported , however they are not recommended for daily use-age
- General Features :
- - based on A750FXXU1BSG1/N935FXXS5CSF1
- - Basic HeliosKernel with minimal modifications
- - misc things enabled in framework overlay for better experience
- - Seamless GSI patching, without user intervention
- - Seamless setup process, with dynamic Scripts
- - And Pizza ! who doesn't love pizza
- How to Install Project Treble:
- - Flash `heroxlte_CreateVendor` and reboot recovery
- - Flash your desired ARM64_AONLY GSI
- - Flash `heroxlte_TrebleVendor_V1.0`
- - Wipe Data and Cache
- - Read OPTIONAL below
- What GSIs are support/recommended ?:
- - Avoid sGSIs and flash source built GSIs (Such as PHH,PE)
- - ARM64_AONLY GSIs only
- - I recommend Pixel-experience or evo x
- - More can be found here : Treble
- I dont have googleapps. what do i do ?:
ONLY for gsis that does not come with google apps
- - Download Gapps pacakge from Here (ARM64 > VER > Micro or lower
- - Go to TWRP > Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Tick System > Repair > Resize
- - Flash opengapps_xxxx
- I need more info. where do i get it ?
Ask in this thread. if you need more , head to
- Project Notes and support : Telegram Group
General bugs (GSI):
- - no signal bars shown (signal is fine however)
- - offline charging (The phone charges without animation)
- - fingerprint gestures
- - Bluetooth Calls might not work on all BT devices
- - Some GSIs might not include a camera, use Footej or UnixCam
- I dont like it, how do i revert ?:
- - Reboot to recovery
- - Flash `heroxlte_RevertVendor`
- - Reboot recovery
- - Flash any non treble rom or restore your previous twrp backup
What if i didn't boot ?
- In some cases, you might be stuck at a bootanimation loop or a splash loop, in this case follow the troubleshooting steps in the F.A.Q post
@kill-switch for letting me semi-brick his device, and helping me fix many S7 specific issues which allowed this project to exists
@corsicanu For great help with the repartition scripts, GSI patching and tons other throughout the years.
@cvolton for help with HAL1 video recording
@ivan_meler for AOSP kernel source and tipping me on hwjpeg fix
@remilia15 for performance improvements
@prashantp01 For overlay and native camera fix. and other contributions
@cvolton , @turbolukex5, @RealFantaCoke , @Kakashi81 , @Franz S. , @lunarixus , @dylanneve1 , @Sparta19666 , @MKUltraBlack
And many more i cant remember the usernames of. please mention
Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below
Project_Pizza, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
ananjaser1211, kill-switch, corsicanu, Cvolton
Source Code: https://github.com/ananjaser1211/Helios_8890
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Uptodate bootloader and modem
Based On: Treble
Current Stable Version: V1.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-09
Current Beta Version: V1.0
Beta Release Date: 2019-08-09
Last Updated 2019-08-09