FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

CSC-HOME and CSC simple????

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By adnanandhoney, Junior Member on 19th September 2016, 04:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys
i have a question i want to flash my galaxy s7 edge with Odin i want to ask that there is some confusion between HOME-CSC and CSC simple

1-Can you please guide me which one i need to select to flash my phone?
2-What is Difference between the HOME-CSC and CSC?
3-What happened with both of them if i will flash with one of them ?

Guys ill wait for your reply ......hope so you will guide me in this matter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adnanandhoney For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adnanandhoney Ad-Free

19th September 2016, 04:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
let's say you wanna update your phone without wiping the data u have on it. you use the home csc. If u have custom recovery and custom rom and you wanna go back to stock firmware you flash the csc file.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ecg803 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecg803 Ad-Free
19th September 2016, 04:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecg803

let's say you wanna update your phone without wiping the data u have on it. you use the home csc. If u have custom recovery and custom rom and you wanna go back to stock firmware you flash the csc file.

I am already on the Stock and with the stock recovery if i will select the CSC simple what will happen is there any DAMAGE to my phone???
19th September 2016, 05:00 PM |#4  

More
the csc file will just wiped the whole phone of your data just like day u bought it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ecg803 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecg803 Ad-Free
19th September 2016, 05:05 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecg803

the csc file will just wiped the whole phone of your data just like day u bought it.

Then CSC simple is good i want wipe all of the data thanks a LOT...........one more question if you have a answer about that i saw error in recovery
E: CANT MOUNT / DATA (invalid aurgument)
is there any soln about this issue what you said about this error.....but this error did nothing to my phone my phone is working normally
your answer is required
19th September 2016, 05:51 PM |#6  

More
that is normal.

21st February 2018, 06:01 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
There should be a guide on this...!
20th April 2018, 12:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
But what's the difference between CSC and HOME_CSC?
The Following User Says Thank You to treysis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift treysis Ad-Free
20th April 2018, 01:50 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treysis

But what's the difference between CSC and HOME_CSC?

Didn't he already answer that question?
Home_CSC: Flash the firmware without wiping the data (if you just want to update the ROM)
CSC: Flash the firmware along with a complete wipe including data (mostly used in cases like bricked phones or Go-Back-To-Stock situations)

I always backup data and do a clean install with CSC ! Its recommended.
20th April 2018, 01:57 PM |#10  
When I wanted to swap the firmware from (V) Verizon to (U) Unlocked, I had to use CSC simple, the Home_CSC gave an error. So I assumed the existing data cannot be "saved" when firmware are of different types.
I have asked about this and I wasn't that lucky to get an answer, so I just tried it (trial and error).
However, I think the data wipe is just a side-effect, not the purpose of CSC. Changing the CSC will always wipe data, including any custom software from the previous carrier:
https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ght/true#M6228

In my case the original Home_CSC, had only VZW (Verizon) code available. The new unlocked firmware brought in 15 different CSC codes that can be applied when a SIM from one of those providers is introduced in the phone. Phone INFO shows those codes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180420-090327~2.png
Views:	4542
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	4481541  
20th April 2018, 02:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
@NaJeEb303 He did answer, but he didn't make it clear. Only after knowing the answer I can understand what he meant. So thanks to you for clarifying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)