FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

False recent app presses causing multi-window to activate?

394 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By supremekizzle, Senior Member on 11th March 2016, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I keep getting multi window popping up for no reason. I rest my phone on my pinky when I use it and wonder if that has something to do with it. Like the capacitive key is shorting on the frame and registering my pinky as a capacitive key press. I've watched as it happens and my pinky is no where near the recent apps key, basically dead center on the charging port. Anyone else having this issue? Really don't want to go through the hassle of a return, but it's getting really annoying.

11th March 2016, 07:01 AM |#2  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 141

More
The same issue for me. Once it appeared when i only read a web page and didn't youch the screen. I have S7, not edge.
I'd suspected Google keyboard but I uninstalled it and the issue remains.
11th March 2016, 07:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by libb

The same issue for me. Once it appeared when i only read a web page and didn't youch the screen. I have S7, not edge.
I'd suspected Google keyboard but I uninstalled it and the issue remains.

Just happened again without my pinky on the bottom. Seems to be most prevalent soon after or right after unlocking the phone.
11th March 2016, 07:18 AM |#4  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,022

Donate to Me
More
Are you left handed? When I didn't have a case, I kept accidentally pressing the back key with my palm without realising but I'm right handed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
11th March 2016, 07:34 AM |#5  
Flag Brno

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremekizzle

Just happened again without my pinky on the bottom. Seems to be most prevalent soon after or right after unlocking the phone.

Mayby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuBz90

Are you left handed? When I didn't have a case, I kept accidentally pressing the back key with my palm without realising but I'm right handed

No
11th March 2016, 04:34 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Can anyone who knows hardware weigh in on this?
11th March 2016, 06:51 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,297

More
Quote:

Can anyone who knows hardware weigh in on this?

I can't tell you why it's happening, but I will say that this is one reason many Android fans prefer on-screen buttons that are controlled by the touchscreen drivers. They are more reliable and don't have little issues like being too sensitive or not sensitive enough or ghost presses, etc.
11th March 2016, 09:15 PM |#8  
Flag Nesodden
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have/had the same issue, i called Samsung and they told me the update that came today (around 60MB) could fix it but they were not sure, they told me to do a factory reset if the update didn't help, i did and i haven't had the annoying multi window popup after that. tho i cant be 100% its fixed. the issue were quite constant before i did the factory reset and it happen 5-10 seconds after i unlocked the screen. i have unlocked the phone over 40 times after the factory reset(after i finished installing apps etc) and everything works like it should, so it looks good so far. i will keep you updated tho. Firmware on SM-G935F: G935FXXU1APB4
11th March 2016, 09:24 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zychic

I have/had the same issue, i called Samsung and they told me the update that came today (around 60MB) could fix it but they were not sure, they told me to do a factory reset if the update didn't help, i did and i haven't had the annoying multi window popup after that. tho i cant be 100% its fixed. the issue were quite constant before i did the factory reset and it happen 5-10 seconds after i unlocked the screen. i have unlocked the phone over 40 times after the factory reset(after i finished installing apps etc) and everything works like it should, so it looks good so far. i will keep you updated tho. Firmware on SM-G935F: G935FXXU1APB4

Where'd you get the software update? I checked about device and nothing is there.
11th March 2016, 09:28 PM |#10  
Flag Nesodden
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Where'd you get the software update? I checked about device and nothing is there.

Normal OTA. Settings -> About Device -> Download Updates Manually.
My Phone is a "Nordic Edition" but the model is SM-G935F so it is the international one.
My carrier is Telenor Norway.
11th March 2016, 09:29 PM |#11  
Flag Brno

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zychic

Thanks, this is very perfect answer. I tried only reboot and it seems OK now. Perhaps some ghost in the device?
In every case I'm waiting for update and hope it'll help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)