Flashing Another Region Firmware/Effect on Sim Usage

Search This thread

criss_007

Sep 18, 2012
Bangalore
Hi!

I have an Indian Version of S7 Edge G935FD and I wish to flash the BTU version for the Nougat update.
I have a few queries first:
1. Can I use an Indian Sim (Or Any other country's Sim)on the rom? (The packaging has the Indian Sim Only label)
2. Will the network be smooth? I use 4G here. Are there any issues that I may face or any one of you faced?
3. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi!

I have an Indian Version of S7 Edge G935FD and I wish to flash the BTU version for the Nougat update.
1. Can I use an Indian Sim (Or Any other country's Sim)on the rom? (The packaging has the Indian Sim Only label) - Yes, you can use your normal SIM :)

2. Will the network be smooth? I use 4G here. Are there any issues that I may face or any one of you faced? - Yes, your network will work normally. You won't notice any difference. The only thing you won't have is VoLTE.

3. Anything else I should know? - Only do this if you want Nougat NOW. Otherwise wait until it's relased on your firmware. But you won't have any issues.

Thanks!

Reactions: criss_007

criss_007

Sep 18, 2012
Bangalore

Thank You for the quick reply!

Yes. I am too excited for Nougat so I'm unable to control myself. The issue is there is no word on when the Nougat will come in India. The samsung officials have no comment except "There is no update about it yet" or "we do not have official timeline for nougat update in Indian market"

An official word on an estimated time frame for the update would work wonders. Is there any reason why I should wait?

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member

Yes. I am too excited for Nougat so I'm unable to control myself. The issue is there is no word on when the Nougat will come in India. The samsung officials have no comment except "There is no update about it yet" or "we do not have official timeline for nougat update in Indian market"

An official word on an estimated time frame for the update would work wonders. Is there any reason why I should wait?

Nah, no real reason to wait. Go ahead and flash the UK BTU ROM and then update to Nougat :)

criss_007

Sep 18, 2012
Bangalore

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member

criss_007

Sep 18, 2012
Bangalore
Lots of info in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/how-to/android-7-0-s7-edge-uk-beta-program-apk-t3493696

Or this one: https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/how-to/nougat-coming-january-17th-t3535831

Downloading from samfirmware is slow for non-premium members. There are other download links in those threads.

And yes, those instructions for Odin/flashing are correct.

Right. Started downloading through the samfirm tool . Will keep you updated just in case I'm doing something wrong.

Being downloaded:SM-G935F_1_20161222102339_alpis38j2b_fac.zip.enc4

Edit: Samfirm is fast. Got around 2000kb/s speed which is cool. No issues

Last edited:

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Right. Started downloading through the samfirm tool . Will keep you updated just in case I'm doing something wrong.

Yep, that's the one :)

Just unzip the download into a folder. There'll be 4 or 5 files. Just choose each one for the relevant section in Odin (you'll see it obvious) then flash it.

criss_007

Sep 18, 2012
Bangalore

Just unzip the download into a folder. There'll be 4 or 5 files. Just choose each one for the relevant section in Odin (you'll see it obvious) then flash it.

Finished the flashing process! Odin sort of showed a not responding title after I selected the ap file but I figured it was doing its job and waited patiently. It paid off! It finished loading and I started and flashed successfully. Boot up was fine and now I'm downloading a 1291.19 gb update!

Yay!

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Finished the flashing process! Odin sort of showed a not responding title after I selected the ap file but I figured it was doing its job and waited patiently. It paid off! It finished loading and I started and flashed successfully. Boot up was fine and now I'm downloading a 1291.19 gb update!

Yay!

Awesome, you're almost done :)

Yep, the AP file takes a short time in Odin to select as I think it just scans it first to check the md5 is correct.

pratik_193

Apr 5, 2009
Mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Yay!

Let me know how it went, were you rooted earlier ? is your knox status still intact after flashing BTU via odin?

criss_007

Sep 18, 2012
Bangalore

Yep, the AP file takes a short time in Odin to select as I think it just scans it first to check the md5 is correct.

All works fine but Do you by chance have the samsung my galaxy apk? I really liked the my galaxy app but the one does not work. Only option is the my galaxy app uk newly released nut thats not available here.

ravikiran1252

Jun 16, 2013
Can I install indian firmware on the At&t model of s7 edge?? If not pls suggest me the best firmware to AT&T MODEL ? thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

1. Can I use an Indian Sim (Or Any other country's Sim)on the rom? (The packaging has the Indian Sim Only label) - Yes, you can use your normal SIM :)

2. Will the network be smooth? I use 4G here. Are there any issues that I may face or any one of you faced? - Yes, your network will work normally. You won't notice any difference. The only thing you won't have is VoLTE.

3. Anything else I should know? - Only do this if you want Nougat NOW. Otherwise wait until it's relased on your firmware. But you won't have any issues.

Thanks!

Nah, no real reason to wait. Go ahead and flash the UK BTU ROM and then update to Nougat :)
    Lots of info in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/how-to/android-7-0-s7-edge-uk-beta-program-apk-t3493696

Or this one: https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/how-to/nougat-coming-january-17th-t3535831

Downloading from samfirmware is slow for non-premium members. There are other download links in those threads.

And yes, those instructions for Odin/flashing are correct.

Done!!! I'm busy exploring the new update! Cheers!

And a personal thank you to #the scotsman! You were really helpful!

:D