Galaxy S7 Edge G935F Custom Binary (RECOVERY) Blocked By FRP Lock

Search This thread

Watevah

Nov 16, 2010
Hi everyone, my G935F doesn't turn on at all and when I try to flash stock it's always "Custom Binary (RECOVERY) Blocked By FRP Lock".
Can't get into Recovery, when I try to reboot I get "Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software" which doesn't work as well.
It seems that EVERYTHING is a Custom Binary and I can't flash anything at all. I was able to get to Recovery once and there was a red "dm-verity failed" line.
Is there anything I could try?

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Hi everyone, my G935F doesn't turn on at all and when I try to flash stock it's always "Custom Binary (RECOVERY) Blocked By FRP Lock".
Can't get into Recovery, when I try to reboot I get "Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software" which doesn't work as well.
It seems that EVERYTHING is a Custom Binary and I can't flash anything at all. I was able to get to Recovery once and there was a red "dm-verity failed" line.
This has been discussed many many times.
Please read Rule #1
https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

"You stay classy San Diego"
Sent from my Echoe Driven G935F

Cosmic Blue

Mar 24, 2008
Toronto

smart switch will work but you need to use the emergency initialization feature.

open smart switch, click more, emergency initialization.
click the second tab and then enter your phone which is SM-G935F hit search
then enter your model serial number which was on sticker on he back of the phone or where ever you have put that sticker for safe keeping.
then it start.

it talks between 5 - 10 minutes before your phone reboots. unfortunately you will lose any data that is not backed up to the cloud or your gmail account.

SjDU

Use Smart Switch. Put your device in Download Mode. in the smart switch use emergency feature. then wrote down your model number just like this SM-G935F.. Check the back of your mobile. it's written there. Then give serial number it's already there. Then follow the instructions. Downloading will start. And boom it will take minutes to hours depending on your connection. Don't use Odin method. It's useless.

Watevah

Nov 16, 2010
Thanks everyone. I know this has been discussed but as I mentioned previously Smart Switch doesn't work. Emergency initialisation stays at 0%, I've waited for more than an hour, says the same thing - blocked by frp lock.

Thanks everyone. I know this has been discussed but as I mentioned previously Smart Switch doesn't work. Emergency initialisation stays at 0%, I've waited for more than an hour, says the same thing - blocked by frp lock.

Try a full wipe in recovery then try emergency again in Smartswitch.
If this still​ fails you may need a repair by samsung service center

Watevah

Nov 16, 2010
Try a full wipe in recovery then try emergency again in Smartswitch.
If this still​ fails you may need a repair by samsung service center
Can't get to recovery, as I mentioned before.
KNOX is tripped by now, obviously, so I don't think Samsung will accept it.
Smart Switch tries to flash BTU so I've also tried downloading BTU and flashing HOME file via AP in Odin like the guy in the other thread suggested but it doesn't help - flashing is still blocked by FRP.
I'm starting to think I have a rather messed up phone on my hands right now.

Last edited:

Watevah

Nov 16, 2010
Some progress here - was able to flash PIT file and flash up to system - now I get "Custom Binary (SYSTEM) Blocked By FRP Lock".

Cosmic Blue

Mar 24, 2008
Toronto
It didn't, unfortunately. Have you had any problems with Smart Switch at all or it restored everything in the first run?

i have no problem with smart switch and started 1st time.

If you are using smart switch emergency feature it will not connect to smart switch, emergency feature is a stand alone app that does not need to connect smart switch to your phone.

Watevah

Nov 16, 2010
i have no problem with smart switch and started 1st time.

If you are using smart switch emergency feature it will not connect to smart switch, emergency feature is a stand alone app that does not need to connect smart switch to your phone.
It starts fine but I still get "Custom Binary (SYSTEM) Blocked By FRP Lock"

SjDU

Don't connect your phone with Smartswitch. Just open Smartswitch go to the emergency mode. Select it. Enter your Model number which is on your back of phone. Then it will ask you about serial number. which is also on the back of your phone. Then follow instructions

Watevah

Nov 16, 2010
then you have a hardware issue with the memory chip it is not keeping the firmware after rebooting.

It sends you back into a boot loop which should not happen.
It's that, most likely. Nothing helps at this point. :(

Don't connect your phone with Smartswitch. Just open Smartswitch go to the emergency mode. Select it. Enter your Model number which is on your back of phone. Then it will ask you about serial number. which is also on the back of your phone. Then follow instructions
I did exactly that, many times: "Custom Binary (SYSTEM) Blocked By FRP Lock"