Can't use Instagram Stories on Oreo

Search This thread

nk111

Mar 30, 2009
Munich
This topic shows perfectly how little support there actually is from the multi billion dollar giants like ig, facebook, google whatever. There is absolutely no way for you to actually reach a human support member. All you can do is browsing useless faqs and "help centers". I'm sure the feedback buttons in the apps are actually placebos as well. This is so frustrating.

darklordtom

Mar 19, 2012
Hi,
my wife's phone showed the same behavior after oreo update. However at the same time it's display started to show half circle type shape growing black spot. So I've sent it to service center as it was still under warranty. After it came back from the service, reset to factory settings and surprise, after reinstall instagram works OK. No idea what fixed the issue.

endlssprdx

Mar 13, 2013
Barcelona
bitbucket.org
You can just save the story instead of upload it directly. Then you import the saved story from gallery and it works! (When you add gifs to pictures on an instagram story and click save, instagram renders the story into a video, and this won't fail to upload)

impossiblegurl

Aug 13, 2018
I can upload videos, boomerang in IG stories but it fails when I use GIF stickers. I also can't post successfully when I use emoticons/symbols. It's so frustrating. I guess I'm gonna try to revert back to nougat. Is Oreo still on beta?

L3V1aTaN

Feb 20, 2011
Same problem here... I'm gonna perform a factory reset and we'll see... It's soooo frustrating this bug...
Yesterday I tested to save the story before upload and stuck in "processing" too... ???

fax1991

Mar 20, 2012
Lecce
Same here with A8 2018 and A5 2017 with Oreo. Instagram support isn't supportive ? its about 5-6 month with this problem. Great!!

Davevade

Sep 19, 2018
After months still the same problem not solved!
Let's give lots of negative reviews to Samsung's mobile devices!

Micahnos

Sep 29, 2018
This solution worked for me unfortunately

After doing various steps (delete cache, restart phone, uninstall reinstall, boot mode clear system cache) the only solution unfortunately, I found was to do factory reset for my wife Samsung s7 edge oreo and setup as new phone (restoring via backup will bring you back to square 1). After that all is well and no more problems. It worked for me and hope it works for others out there. (happy wife now phew) Probably the last ultimatum. Make sure to do your due diligence!

joker950

Nov 29, 2011
After a long long time the problem has disappeared!
It seems that with the latest update now there are no problems with uploading. I tried video with gifs, boomerang with stickers and other combinations and they all (finally) worked!!

Saitamaok

Aug 31, 2018
After a long long time the problem has disappeared!
It seems that with the latest update now there are no problems with uploading. I tried video with gifs, boomerang with stickers and other combinations and they all (finally) worked!!

APP update or samsung firmware update? I still have issues with GIF

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

Since Oreo is out even on beta, I can't use gifs in Instagram stories because it stucks on processing or it never uploads it.

Can someone test if you can upload stories with gifs on Oreo?

I have tried every Oreo rom, different kernels but any work, but in nougat I don't have problems.

S7 edge exynos
    ok, i confirm: with beta version everything works fine (finally) !!! For all those who are not in a hurry.....wait for the stable version!
    This topic shows perfectly how little support there actually is from the multi billion dollar giants like ig, facebook, google whatever. There is absolutely no way for you to actually reach a human support member. All you can do is browsing useless faqs and "help centers". I'm sure the feedback buttons in the apps are actually placebos as well. This is so frustrating.
    My 2 s7 edge have the same problem.