FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phantom/ghost touch problem

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By zeMadCat, Junior Member on 20th March 2017, 11:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
my gf has a s7 edge international that has some weird touch issues as mentioned in the title. i can provide a youtube clip showing the issue but im not allowed to post links yet.

is this a known problem with this specific phone or has anyone been able to fix this?

edit: no screen protector on the phone.

thanks
zeMadCat

21st March 2017, 12:59 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Would the phone protector be touching the screen and making the ghost touch?
Do you have enabled the "keep screen turned off" (prevent to touch accidentally while device is in a dark place or pocket or bag? Settings / Display / Keep screen turned off

Previous models had a glove sensitive touch option. With S7 with Nougat is now enabled by default. This means you can close your finger and not touch it but the display would detect your finger and create the action where your finger was pointing into.

I'm not that techy but providing assistance to get to root cause
21st March 2017, 01:04 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Larvik

More
still running 6.0.1, tried keep screen turned off enabled and disabled and tried w/o case. problems still
21st March 2017, 09:00 AM |#4  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeMadCat

still running 6.0.1, tried keep screen turned off enabled and disabled and tried w/o case. problems still

type *#2663# in the dialer, click on touch key fw update & TSP FW update (General).

check if this solves your problem
21st March 2017, 06:10 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Larvik

More
tried 2hrs ago. rebooted the phone to make sure, still no go.. she had another one that acted like this and she returned it and got this brand new from her carrier, if anyone needs the youtube link ill PM.

thanks for helping
24th March 2017, 01:45 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Larvik

More
i guess its not a common issue then?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)