FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Recurrent issue(s) and now at its worst!

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rickyod, Junior Member on 21st March 2017, 01:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear all!

Been having issues for the past couple of months with my S7 Edge. At first, the screen kept screwing up, showing horizontal pixelated lines across the screen before rebooting itself (sometimes repeatedly) and overheating. Got to the point where it simply wouldn't stay for longer than a few minutes before going through this process all over again.
Initially put it down to an app (couldn't figure out which, if any) and restored it to factory settings. This in itself was a mission since it wouldn't stay on for very long without rebooting itself!
This seemed to work, until 2 weeks later (present time) I realised I needed a file explorer and returned to ES File Explorer (due to familiarity) which I'm not a fan of since all the frustrating crap that comes with it now and as soon as it was installed, the phone shut down and the same original cock-up occurred.
I've tried all the various combinations of start-up buttons and nothing works. Plugging it in to charge via a socket or a PC has no effect whatsoever. It doesn't even get recognised by the PC, whereas previously plugging it in did force it to start and charge.

I'm at a loss of what to try so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

21st March 2017, 01:43 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyod

Dear all!

Been having issues for the past couple of months with my S7 Edge. At first, the screen kept screwing up, showing horizontal pixelated lines across the screen before rebooting itself (sometimes repeatedly) and overheating. Got to the point where it simply wouldn't stay for longer than a few minutes before going through this process all over again.
Initially put it down to an app (couldn't figure out which, if any) and restored it to factory settings. This in itself was a mission since it wouldn't stay on for very long without rebooting itself!
This seemed to work, until 2 weeks later (present time) I realised I needed a file explorer and returned to ES File Explorer (due to familiarity) which I'm not a fan of since all the frustrating crap that comes with it now and as soon as it was installed, the phone shut down and the same original cock-up occurred.
I've tried all the various combinations of start-up buttons and nothing works. Plugging it in to charge via a socket or a PC has no effect whatsoever. It doesn't even get recognised by the PC, whereas previously plugging it in did force it to start and charge.

I'm at a loss of what to try so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Its probably hardware issue
But it kinda sounds like bad software

You would need a new motherboard if its still under warranty then goto Samsung store

You would need to go regardless

Did you previously root the device or flash anything etc....
21st March 2017, 02:16 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102skysx

Its probably hardware issue
But it kinda sounds like bad software

You would need a new motherboard if its still under warranty then goto Samsung store

You would need to go regardless

Did you previously root the device or flash anything etc....

Yeah, going to a store was my last resort but I suppose I should make the most of my warranty. Just wanted to avoid it to be honest!

I haven't done either, it's pretty much stock!
23rd March 2017, 10:32 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
So did you get it replaced?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)