FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S7 Edge "Bootloader Exception" bug

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Mr_PoPoP, Member on 9th March 2016, 12:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

I've received my S7 Edge today(Exynos), yay.
All was working flawlessly until few moments ago, I was running 3Dmark, and before I even start to bench, while i was downloading the first scene The screen goes all black, then after 10 seconds, there's a message on top (in the same way a rooted phone would display "kernel is not seandroid enforced..."):

Bootloader Exception
[RST_START = 0x100000000 ]
[...]
Exception: do_handler_serror: SERROR(esr: 0xbf00000000)
[...]

I didn't install any rom, root or else, it's pure stock untouched. I tried to reboot phone using volume down+power, it reboots I think (screen goes all black) but quickly the same message appears...

I'm surely going to call phone operator to tell them that phone is KO, but if one of you guys has any idea that would avoid me to send back phone to warranty, it would be nice

Thanks !

9th March 2016, 07:57 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
@mods : Sorry for posting in wrong section
9th March 2016, 09:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Try this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV0Zp7F1LHs
The Following User Says Thank You to runamonk99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runamonk99 Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 09:33 AM |#4  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,024

Donate to Me
More
I'd suggest a factory reset if the above fails.

Hold Power + Volume Up + Menu

Then use the volume keys to scroll to factory reset and select using menu or power buttons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuBz90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CuBz90 Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 10:34 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for you answers,

Unfortunately any key combination is not working can't get into recovery nor download mode ...
I don't want to try Odin, scared about potential warranty issues ... but it kills me to have to send the phone back to sammy and wait ..
9th March 2016, 11:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 375

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PoPoP

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for you answers,

Unfortunately any key combination is not working can't get into recovery nor download mode ...
I don't want to try Odin, scared about potential warranty issues ... but it kills me to have to send the phone back to sammy and wait ..

The phone must be off for the Volume Up + Power + Home button combination to work. Keep those pressed for like 10 seconds, even after the phone powers on. I just tried it on my S7 Edge (which drops every call) and could restore to factory settings (but didn't solve the issue).
The Following User Says Thank You to Cst79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cst79 Ad-Free
9th March 2016, 02:03 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cst79

The phone must be off for the Volume Up + Power + Home button combination to work. Keep those pressed for like 10 seconds, even after the phone powers on. I just tried it on my S7 Edge (which drops every call) and could restore to factory settings (but didn't solve the issue).

Thanks for your advices !

Unfortunately, even with this combination and a lot of patience I cannot manage to "bypass" this Bootloader error ...
I'm mad because it will take one month to get a new phone from my operator(just called them ...)

So maybe i'm going to try Odin ... but if I cannot put my phone into download mode, i'm f*ckued, right ?

Here's a photo of the error message :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...Wl1RUFybTZoM3c
9th March 2016, 02:25 PM |#8  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,024

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_PoPoP

Thanks for your advices !

Unfortunately, even with this combination and a lot of patience I cannot manage to "bypass" this Bootloader error ...
I'm mad because it will take one month to get a new phone from my operator(just called them ...)

So maybe i'm going to try Odin ... but if I cannot put my phone into download mode, i'm f*ckued, right ?

Here's a photo of the error message :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...Wl1RUFybTZoM3c

I'm stumped. I've never seen that before
9th March 2016, 02:57 PM |#9  
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
From where did you order your phone?
9th March 2016, 03:24 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderroid

From where did you order your phone?

A french mobile operator , Bouygues Telecom.
9th March 2016, 03:31 PM |#11  
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Can you do a factory reset from the Settings menu?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)