FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S7 Edge - Oreo Update - Pro mode camera causes app to crash

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By wijdany, Junior Member on 5th May 2018, 12:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

I received the Oreo roll-out for my S7 Edge (UK user; unlocked) but have realized that the pro mode in the stock camera app no longer works. When I switch to the pro mode, the phone seems to 'slow' down processing and the app crashes with a 'camera has stopped' message.
All other modes, auto/panorama/selfie/slow-motion etc are all working fine.

Is anyone else having this issue? I have already fed back to Samsung and sent an error report. I've already tried most of the usual troubleshooting issues (restarting, re-restarting, wiping the cache).

Is it just a case of waiting for Samsung of fixing the bug? Any idea how long that might be? Was going to go on holiday in a few weeks so might just roll back to Nougat just so the pro-mode works!
The Following User Says Thank You to wijdany For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wijdany Ad-Free

5th May 2018, 01:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, I had the same issue today, I've solved it by clearing camera data not and only cache.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidi0us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sidi0us Ad-Free
5th May 2018, 01:44 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidi0us

Hi, I had the same issue today, I've solved it by clearing camera data not and only cache.

HAH. genius! it worked! =D

thank you!
17th June 2018, 01:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wijdany

HAH. genius! it worked! =D

thank you!

I just updated my galaxy s7 to oreo having same issue. Actually I don't know how to clear camera data. Any advice, please?
17th June 2018, 03:48 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keebak

I just updated my galaxy s7 to oreo having same issue. Actually I don't know how to clear camera data. Any advice, please?

go to settings > apps > camera > storage > clear data
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wijdany For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wijdany Ad-Free
22nd June 2018, 03:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Easy check out my video and fix it in few seconds https://youtu.be/XJNXWQq7MV0
26th July 2018, 04:59 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keebak

Swipe left on the camera screen and the options will show up. I was searching all over for this too. The instructions say something about right swipe for different effects but nothing about left, thought'll give it a shot..
27th July 2018, 12:14 AM |#8  

More
Worked like a charm!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidi0us

Frustrating as hell, but this fixed it. Many thanks!!🤙
19th September 2018, 10:30 AM |#9  

More
Hello.
I just updated tha s7 edge into oreo after update camera not woking.issue Warning camera failded. i have T-mobile SM-G935t. Please help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)