FORUMS

S7 home button plastic?

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By megalow, Junior Member on 12th March 2016, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have played with my S7 edge roughly 2 days, got it all protected and covered up except the home button. I also have yet to drop the phone or anything. However I realise there are some micro bumps on the home button which I think possibly appearing due to slotting it into the Gear VR. Also there are some tiny tiny air bubbles on the edges of the surface of the home button which is annoying me a little. It seems as though the fingerprint sensor is a plastic film glued on top of the home button.

I also notice that the home button is not seem to be covered with glass and is just purely having a exposed plastic surface which I think would develop scratches after some time.

Thoughts?
12th March 2016, 05:38 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 952

More
Scratches or not fingerprints still work. Happened on my note 5 before

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
12th March 2016, 06:03 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Im just concerned over the quality of material used for the home button for it is possibly the most used button and lends itself easily to wear... yet plastic is used?
12th March 2016, 06:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Same here! very careful with it and after only a day with it can see a little spot on that button... looks very poor quality!!! Just shiny but plastic... at that price, comme on Samsung!
12th March 2016, 07:40 PM |#5  
Flag Otizzle
Thanks Meter: 128

More
They have done this with every iteration of the Galaxy. I have had quite a few of them and never had a home button that degraded. And I'm pretty OCD with my tech. That being said, you have a valid point. $800 phone, they should have sapphire home button and camera lense. No excuse.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
12th March 2016, 11:51 PM |#6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 952

More
Can't believe we're complaining about plastic. We're talking about plastic.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
12th March 2016, 11:59 PM |#7  
Flag Sandisk
Thanks Meter: 1

More
for that price we should demand ceramic or aluminium! plastic is cheap.
The Following User Says Thank You to rawandroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rawandroid Ad-Free
13th March 2016, 04:23 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Aluminium is not durable, plastic doing better job for it although ugly with micro scratch after prolong usage. My samsung s4 home button still fine till now, need to take proper care though.
13th March 2016, 11:33 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Yea the home button and camera lens would be nice to have gorilla glass/sapphire glass on.
But at least we get glass on camera lens cover unlike the Sony Z5 that got plastic.......
13th March 2016, 12:21 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMGWx

Yea the home button and camera lens would be nice to have gorilla glass/sapphire glass on.
But at least we get glass on camera lens cover unlike the Sony Z5 that got plastic.......

Well, as far as I know the camera lens has gorilla glass. Same resistance class as the display.
13th March 2016, 12:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerbsium

Well, as far as I know the camera lens has gorilla glass. Same resistance class as the display.

Good to know, though it was plain glass or at best harden glass.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)