FORUMS

SD card notifications is a hardware issue

2,158 posts
Thanks Meter: 284

By jrwingate6, Senior Member on 16th March 2016, 03:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I did some testing today and it appears that the SD card issue regarding the notifications we've been getting is a hardware issue and cannot be fixed through OTA's.

All day long while I was sitting at my desk with my phone laying flat, I did not get the notifications but as soon as I left the house and put the phone in my pocket, I got my first SD card notification.

I can now recreate the notification every time by turning my phone upside down and slightly tapping my finger where the SD card sits.

I'll probably just wait until Samsung fixes this and then warranty it through Tmobile. They've never gave me problems when it comes to shipping replacement phones.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
16th March 2016, 03:33 AM |#2  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Yep, its an issue with the sim card tray hopefully.

If it is i imagine theyll just ship out new ones to affected people. Dont want to have to return the whole thing if possible
16th March 2016, 03:46 AM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 308

More
I haven't got a single notification about my SD Card except for the first time after my phone boots up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zer0_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zer0_ Ad-Free
16th March 2016, 04:13 AM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 953

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0_

I haven't got a single notification about my SD Card except for the first time after my phone boots up.

Me neither. Although I did Scotch tape the top of it just in case lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
16th March 2016, 06:22 AM |#5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Doesn't happen with mine. When I first turned it on after inserting it I got the notification but then I just swapped it away maybe 3 times and it's gone for good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
16th March 2016, 06:27 AM |#6  
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,993

More
which is why you wait till all the defects on the 1st batches are sorted out
29th March 2016, 08:09 PM |#7  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Yes its officially an hardware issue
I have had the same issue non-stop for a while. I did everything mentioned here without any exception. Its not only the notification. Its also when you are listening music and checking photos from your external SD card that the device suddenly stop responding. I have a friend who work for Samsung Canada and he is in a "high level position". They have been aware of the issue since March 11. All their first shipments (their first batch) has this issue. And they quickly worked on it for the second build. However, we don't exactly know when this second build will be on the shelves (they may already be or not). Sometimes, it takes months. Because they had a lot made before the launch. And they will pass all of those before going to the second batch with the fix. Its an hardware issue officially. Sad but we got a lemon. We are now stuck with it. I would certainly be more than happy to flag this on Twitter, Facebook, everywhere possible. Where is the facebook page to complain.
29th March 2016, 08:13 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I guess I'm lucky then. I don't get SD card notifications.
29th March 2016, 08:33 PM |#9  
Flag Ottawa

More
I am a journalist in the tech field
And BTW, I've spoke to Samsung Canada for 2 hours with a supervisor and they will not admit this is a problem so no they will not ship new devices to affected people. As I have commented on my last post, I know from from a trusted source at Samsung (high level employee) that it is a hardware issue and that it will be fixed with new batch. However, he did not know when this new batch would be on the shelves. This could take months as they will sale the first batch first. Samsung Canada will not acknowledge and will not give people other devices.
29th March 2016, 09:47 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I had that on my first S7 edge...2 replacements later the problem was gone...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
29th March 2016, 10:03 PM |#11  
London

More
I preoredred from samsung and got my s7 edge on 8th of march and have no sd card issues. I have samsung 64gb pro micro sd card.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)