Stuck with no network (IMEI and Baseband are also Uknown)

Search This thread

promaster9500

Jun 6, 2012
Windsor
Here is my full story:
I bought my phone locally (never used) and the phone came with a Fido (Rogers alternate company) sim card but I never used that sim card inside the phone. I discarded the Fido sim and inserted my Koodo Sim (Telus alternate company)

I started with G935W8, on my phone box it says G935W8VLU1APG1 I was at 6.0.1 with latest updates in Canada, I wanted to try the official stable nougat ROM by ambasadii for SM-G935F .

After going through all the steps I find out that I do not have network connection when I boot to system. I asked on the ROM thread and was told "You should not have chosen the option in aroma to flash" which I don't know what it means and that I need to just flash the BL and Modem for Rogers.

I downloaded Rogers firmware and XAC Canada for G935W8 firmware to try. I extracted only BL and CP and tried to flash them with ODIN. It failed with both rogers and XAC and I get the following error. I tried flashing CP only and it worked but when I rebooted I still have no network. I tried flashing CP, BL and CSC and it didn't work. I checked and my IMEI and baseband are "UKNOWN".

I checked my root status and it said no root, I checked and I did not have supersu which got me confused because I thought it came with ROM. So I went and flahsed SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742 with Odin and now root checker says rooted.

I tried to back up with 2 different EFS software but they both can't access EFS.

I tried this fix (Guide A) but it failed (I tried for G935W8, should I try for G935F since my phone is on that ROM?). I did not try guide B since I can't backup EFS and I don't want to mess things up.

This is my current phone info using the app

I wouldn't mind paying for your time to help me if you can guide me on skype or just writing the steps.
Will appreciate any help.

Last edited:

TML1504

Nov 24, 2007
Vienna
you do not have a proper modem flashed! your baseband should show DPLT too, otherwise you won't get any connection...

try if flashing latest Helios rom works, it should flash the modem also! afterwards you can return to your existing rom!

if not, you have to search for DPLT modem.bin according to your CSC and flash it with odin!

hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: promaster9500

promaster9500

Jun 6, 2012
Windsor
Update after messing around in recovery and factory resetting factory binary started working and I restored my IMEI!!
Now I have to figure out how to go to stock

promaster9500

Jun 6, 2012
Windsor
you do not have a proper modem flashed! your baseband should show DPLT too, otherwise you won't get any connection...

try if flashing latest Helios rom works, it should flash the modem also! afterwards you can return to your existing rom!

if not, you have to search for DPLT modem.bin according to your CSC and flash it with odin!

hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice, I was able to get IMEI and connection but I am in factory binary mode. Should I try the ROM you mentioned or try to flash stock now?

promaster9500

Jun 6, 2012
Windsor
Tried stock

<ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> skip file list for home binary
<ID:0/009> param.bin
<ID:0/009> Home Binary Download
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> sboot.bin
<ID:0/009> cm.bin
<ID:0/009> FAIL!
<ID:0/009>
<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

1eSkip

Apr 15, 2019
rotterdam
dj-skip.ddns.net
Update after messing around in recovery and factory resetting factory binary started working and I restored my IMEI!!
Now I have to figure out how to go to stock

can you help me please. I have the same problem with my G930F. I had the superman-rom.zip and installed it through the manual on xda and now I have an unknown imei / Baseband and no sim. How did you solve this? I've been struggling with it for days. My thanks already are huge.

syednawaz

can you help me please. I have the same problem with my G930F. I had the superman-rom.zip and installed it through the manual on xda and now I have an unknown imei / Baseband and no sim. How did you solve this? I've been struggling with it for days. My thanks already are huge.

REcommended step is Just install the latest stock from sammobile(its too slow) or from here samfrew.com which is too fast.

but you can try below
i have lost IMEI as well when i update my BL boot loader. and then i installed CP provided by someone and got it back,
check page 156 and 157.
https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/development/rom-dqd1-devbase-v4-1-multi-csc-safe-t3591647/page157
just update both bootload and CP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hope this helps!