WIFI turns on and off constantly

Search This thread

Zheyk

Feb 28, 2013
I also opted for the temporal solution (disable wifi scanning) as I was getting scared abou that overheating I wrote before, however will keep looking for a definitive solution to this issue.

gabilondo

Dec 24, 2010
Torrevieja,Spain
Common man,that's easy:
1.Location/Improve accuracy.
2.Disable Wi-Fi scanning.
I have disabled Bluetooth scanning too.Problem fixed for me and a lot of users on a spanish forum.

jasonjennings

Jun 11, 2015
I was worried the only one having this problem, I purchased the s7 from amazon, the international version, and was afraid it was defective. I am glad (kind of) it is happening to more than just me. I hope this is fixed soon.

samuelaviv

Oct 1, 2012
Randomly started for me today on a rooted stock s7, driving me crazy!!! Temporary fix works, hope it'll randomly get fixed, or at the very least the Nougat update will do it whenever they decide to finally release it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sstrunks84

Mar 1, 2006
New York
I just had this exact issue and disabled wifi scanning. I'd like a more permanent fix though. For what it's worth, I have the same firmware version as the other guy who posted a pic. I just flashed it to my S7 (regular) through Odin yesterday. What firmware version do you other guys have?

Baseband version: G930FXXU1BPJE

Bogeyof

Nov 24, 2011
Augsburg
Issue happened after update of android wear 2.0 and /or goggle play services. So I'm sure it's a goggle update problem...

Gesendet von meinem SM-T700 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: cydiamante

shadowslayer1

Jul 5, 2016
Seattle
Common man,that's easy:
1.Location/Improve accuracy.
2.Disable Wi-Fi scanning.
I have disabled Bluetooth scanning too.Problem fixed for me and a lot of users on a spanish forum.

Disabling WiFi scanning did the trick for me :)

Before I tried that though, I killed a bunch of processes under "Google services" and it finally stopped. Never did narrow it down because I came straight here.

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
Disabling WiFi scanning did the trick for me
Same here, but then there's another problem: with WiFi scanning disabled, location-enabled apps such as Google Maps pop up a window asking to turn on Google location services (even though that's already turned on and there's a good GPS signal). And if I say yes, it then automatically re-enables WiFi scanning.

foo25

May 12, 2007
Belfast
Had this happen last night. Reboot did nothing, but powering off and leaving for 5 mins before powering on seemed to do the trick.

Euge95

Nov 19, 2016
It's the Google play services update

Mine was doing the same. It seems to be the Google play services update, just uninstall the updates of the Google play services and it will fix. Hope Google fix this soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same issue and I was able to stop the toggle by turning off the wifi scanning in Location - Improve Accuracy - WiFi scanning. It's a fix for now. I think it may be an app that may have been updates that is persistently looking for location updates.
    its not a fix at all . it dosnt scan for wifi , just turning it on and off non stop.
    like pressing the light switch agin and agin

Actually it IS a fix. It's been discussed many times on here and other websites.

But you don't have to believe me.
    Issue happened after update of android wear 2.0 and /or goggle play services. So I'm sure it's a goggle update problem...

Gesendet von meinem SM-T700 mit Tapatalk
    Same issue. On latest firmware (G935FXXU1BPHJ) available from my carrier. The issue started sometime after last firmware update in October/November.

After playing around, I found that WiFi works correctly before it's turned off the second time after boot. I looked for Intents in the logs and couldn't find any, so it seems to be the system looping WiFi.

Disabling WiFi scanning seems to have fixed it for me.

I also have Android Wear.