ENGBOOT for S7 and S7 Edge (Qualcomm/Exynos) (Untested) (Still Seems Legit)

Search This thread

tahsinahmed

Jul 11, 2017
Please help me. i flashed the file G930F_XXE1APBG_ENGROOT.tar on my Galaxy S7( SM-G930F), but then my phone can't boot anymore.
My phone only boots again after i flashed the original fireware to my phone.
But without engroot i have no root access

steevelehoux

Nov 15, 2015
g935w8 flash my bootloader lack of battery, no power no sound no bootloader no recovery and is not detected by windows, i search solution for sdcard bootable.
Ideas? sdcard not working ap bl cp csc +pit

Trimixer

Apr 8, 2016
g935w8 flash my bootloader lack of battery, no power no sound no bootloader no recovery and is not detected by windows, i search solution for sdcard bootable.
Ideas? sdcard not working ap bl cp csc +pit

Just dealt with this, in my case it had something to do either with the charging port, moisture, I think, or letting ithe battery get that low while flashing? Idk, it just turned off, and zip, dead. No responses to plugging in to anything including chargers. stuck it on a wireless charging pad, the lightning bolt came on in about 5 minutes, let it go overnight, good to go. Hope this helps, that's a really crappy feeling. I wonder how many warranty returns are because of this, I thought I was concrete bricked

Last edited:

psyalemao

Jan 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22
Please help me. i flashed the file G930F_XXE1APBG_ENGROOT.tar on my Galaxy S7( SM-G930F), but then my phone can't boot anymore.
My phone only boots again after i flashed the original fireware to my phone.
But without engroot i have no root access

Hi everyone, have a G930F. It appears that G930F_XXE1APBG_ENGROOT is for MM 6.0.1 only. I read that we need to toogle on developer options, usb debugging and OEM unlocking first. I found this link
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!rsZi0L4R!B_U6iXaOd-tX9aJRIrCZsrcocC9QeCp4hDIrRWF_OT0
its G930FXXE1BPG3 full firmware with eng boot appears to be a little newer than APBG and found this site too
Code:
eng-root.firmware.ir/sm-g930ffd
it has eng boot for another phones like G935F. The site says is for nougat 7.0 G930F would like to know if anyone have tried it yet or if it is real?

Last edited:

xmanz

Dec 21, 2012
napier
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Any info please.. If I've got it correct your locked s7 edge qualcomm got the fm unlocked by carrier? I and quite a few have unlocked qualcomm g9350 but the fm that is in the chip is not activated. Can anyone shed. Light on a possible solution eg something from your rom to flash. Thank you hope ? to hear some opinions…

RazzaMataz

Jun 4, 2018
When i got my samsung repaired under warranty they replaced the motherboard,
Samsungs rep asked me if id rooted it, i asked why he said they woukd charge £30 extra if rooted.

How comes people belive rooting voids warranty?

ayamgoreng

Jul 29, 2013
When i got my samsung repaired under warranty they replaced the motherboard,
Samsungs rep asked me if id rooted it, i asked why he said they woukd charge £30 extra if rooted.

How comes people belive rooting voids warranty?

depend on what country.
on some country they can voids your warranty if your knox=0x1

rosel11078

Jun 14, 2014
Las Tunas
@Rainbow_Dash

So, I flashed the ENG_ROOT file for the 935F.

I unticked Auto Reboot in Odin. The file flashed successfully, and I turned the phone off. Booted into recovery, wiped cache, then hit 'Reboot System now', it took a few seconds on 'Verifying DMVerity hash tree', then it said 'Successfully verified DMVerity Hash tree', but one thing I noticed was in recovery there was another line of text (error message) in red font, didn't read it since the phone rebooted very quickly. Anyway, I left it for over 5 minutes on the S7 Edge logo, hoping to see a blue LED, but it still didn't boot.

Good news, it too did NOT void KNOX, so I'm still safe.

Lastly, the first two eng kernels were approx 26-27 MB each, this ENGROOT one is 38 MB, and the stock boot.img from the ROM I'm already on, is also around the same size.

Hey brother I got 935U I need to flash ENG_BOOT to unlock bootloader so do you know if could be possible to flash another version of ENG_BOOT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ENG_BOOT File is Legit!

Hello everybody!
    I am happy to announce that at least the Eng_Boot file is legit. :highfive: :victory:
    I ripped open the "boot.img" file and it seems that either it is a valid file or somebody spent quite a lot of time trying to disguise it. I was able to open the file by following this tutorial (Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-47wM9nmqyk) , which was in French unfortunately but you can follow it using the video instead. For those who don't want to watch the video, here are the instructions I followed:

1. Download this file (Original Link: (password is mw777 ): http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/p2WzK6Jp/file.html) (New Link (no password): boot.img Extractor.zip Google Drive link )
    2. Extract the file and copy over the boot.img which you need to open to the folder where you extracted the file. (Screenshot attached)
    3. In the File Explorer window, press the SHIFT key and right-click, in the right-click window that opens, select "Open command window here". (Screenshot attached)
    4. In the cmd window that opens copy and paste this text: bootimg.exe --unpack-bootimg boot.img . Then Press Enter
    Note: To paste in cmd you need to right-click, then select paste in the window that opens.
    5. If you see something that is similar to Screenshot No. 4, then you have succeeded and would see something like Screenshot No. 3 in the folder.
    6. Feel Free to check anything you want, I am calling this file legit by examining the contents and how much work it would take to disguise something as cleverly as this (if it is a false file) and then weighing the odds that it is valid, and I can say that there is 99% probablity that it is a valid eng_boot file.

NOTE: This post only says that ENG_BOOT is a valid file, I am still figuring out the ENG_SBOOT file. :):fingers-crossed:
    By the way, any help on how to open the sboot.bin file would be appreciated. :) :good:

Edit: Just wanted to say, 1 down, 2 to go! (SBOOT and ROOT ? file)
    Hello,
    Greetings. KNOX Reset Premium is compatible with S7 Edge. Tested by me, beta testers and app users (90% users use S7 Edge). Although incase of any issues, we'll provide you 100% refund. I'm extremely sorry for the high costs, but see everything requires money. We hired 4 developers from XDA to help me. They are still there, and we pay them $100 each month. Additionally there are many other costs so real sorry! :(
    We'll launch demo version soon.
    It wasn't removed from Google Play Store by Google.
    We stopped production for January due to high amount of requests. We'll publish it again on play store on 3rd February.
    Enjoy!
    Hello everybody!
    I was searching the web when I found this website (link: http://android-soluciones.blogspot.com/2016/12/archivos-eng-boot-samsung_27.html? ) offering the Engboot files for the SM-G93xx too, therefore, I downloaded this file "ENG_BOOT_G935F_PH3.tar" from the website and opened it with WinZip to confirm if it even stands up to basic scrutiny, it had a "boot.img" file in it, which seems legit. (Screenshot attached)
    I then decided to download all of the S7 and S7 edge links on the website and zip them all up. So, well here you go!
    Link to Folder: Google Drive link :fingers-crossed::):fingers-crossed:

Hope this is Legit!

UPDATE: Thanks to @murtaza02, @Rainbow_Dash and @GethPrime, we have confirmed that the Boot file is valid, however the Sboot file seems to be signed and has hints of it being a bootloader. If that is good enough for you, you may try and flash the file to your device! Though I am in NO way encouraging anybody to flash the files and will not be held liable for any damages.

By the way, All links have been updated to Google Drive!

UPDATE #2: Thanks to @Rainbow_Dash , who bravely flashed the Engkernel for his phone from the source website to his S6 Edge+ , we now know for sure that the at least the engkernels are VALID! Rainbow then also ran the root.bat file from here (Link: Root.bat XDA thread link). Result: The phone boots up and it shows that it is an Engkernel, furthermore, the root.bat worked and the S6 got root!

Disclaimer: Nobody who has contributed to this thread can be held responsible for any and all damages to your phone related to the content of this thread.
    do you really trust a website named Adroid Soluciones ending in a domain that changes with your country you live in?
    just flash it, see how your S7 would turn up into a useful brick.
    Someone recently found Engboot files for the S7 active on a paid site, so it's definitely possible this is legit.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3473649

Thanks for the legit vote! I am definitely hoping this would work and have no intention whatsoever of spreading malware. By the way, I am currently also trying to open the file and check it out, as I am a total newbie, it would help quite a lot if someone experienced would like to check this out and confirm this is legit or malware. (hint, hint)
    Otherwise, it may take me some time to figure this out. :(
    By the way, Can anyone point me to a tutorial about opening boot.img and/or sboot.bin files on Windows (if possible) (maybe through Cygwin)? I would really appreciate it!

Edit: Thanks to jal3223, I am planning to check if these are valid files through comparing them side-by-side to the files that are confirmed legit for the S7 Active.

Thanks jal3223! :good: