FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] How to downgrade from Android Oreo 8.0 to 7.0 (Non-rooted)

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By lovetv, Member on 26th July 2018, 03:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
How to downgrade a non-rooted S7 Edge from Android Oreo 8.0 to 7.0 and keeping your Knox 0x0!
So if some of you are looking for a 'how-to' guide, look no further!
(I believe it works on your S7 too, but make sure you have downloaded the correct firmware)

*IMPORTANT*
-I don't take ANY responsibility if you bricked your device during the flash!
-Follow the guide below before flashing your official firmware using Odin!

On the phone
-Sign-out any accounts on settings
-Have OEM-unlock & USB Debugging ON (developer options)
-*optional task, just in case* Screenshot your device information on the settings tab (IMEI, Baseband, Software Info, Model number)
-*optional task, just in case* Backup your device using Samsung SmartSwitch software

Things to download
-For this guide I used Odin v3.13.1 https://dl.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.13.1.zip
-You can install the Samsung driver using SmartSwitch if your Win PC can't detect your Samsung phone (it should show on Device Manager > Modem > something like Samsung Modem)
-*READ* You can't flash back to version 6.0 now because of (Android Oreo 8.0 is using different version of boot-loader) but there are some late Android 7.0 with updated boot-loader, those are using boot-loader binary v2, so binary v1 it will be conflicted and won't work upon flash.
-*NOTE* Download the correct firmware of your phone model by following the baseband, that's why I recommended to take screenshots of your phone, you can search it on here https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/, for mine, I've searched SM-G935F and BTU is my choice, the filtered results should be your correct firmware. But in my case I used (v7.0 in March 2018) because it has the binary boot-loader v2 with it (whatever it called, it's important otherwise it will not work which I've tried)
-*optional*, if you find sammobile download speed is way too slow* You can use https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=SM-G935F&exact=1&r=&v=Nougat%28Android+7.0%29%2COreo% 28Android+8.0.0%29&rpp=100, and basically look for the correct firmware which I have mentioned above.
-Extract your firmware onto a single folder, don't mess them up! (you should see something like AP_G935blahblahblah.md5, and you will need AP_, BL_, CP_, CSC_ for downgrading)

Follow the steps:
1. Now you have the correct firmware and Odin running on Admin right
2. On Odin you can add AP_, BL_, CP_ & CSC_ onto the correct selection, for example: https://i.imgur.com/DIB2d1S.png
3. Have your phone on Download mode, google it if you don't know how (make sure you followed the On the phone step first, it's very important)
4. Find a data USB cable and plug into USB2.0 port, make sure your phone appeared on Odin (you will see something like 0:[COM5])
5. On Odin (only Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time) is needed, it should be ticked by default.
6. Now you can safely click 'Start' on Odin.
7. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE in case your USB is loose which I had experience before.
8. Wait until it shows a green PASS! like this: https://i.imgur.com/FYosmx2.png
9. When see a blue screen with Erasing text on it, please wait until it reboot and hold (Volume UP + Home Button + Power Button) boot to recovery mode
10. Wipe cache partition, and data/factory reset then reboot system now
11. Wait for it to boot into your sweet sweet Android Nougat 7.0 (Late version)
12. Disable auto-update if you wish, mine was on auto-update so I had to pause it half-way

Hope you find this guide helpful, I tried to remember the steps on my head as I typed, (*sorry for the grammar if you find it hard to understand) and if you think I've missed something here, let me know! I would update the guide if any step is missing, just in case
Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin3-v3.13.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.37 MB, 1460 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovetv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lovetv Ad-Free

27th July 2018, 05:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thanks
I'm guessing Knox counter wouldn't have incremented?
27th July 2018, 10:26 PM |#3  
OP Member
London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionMainframe

Thanks
I'm guessing Knox counter wouldn't have incremented?

No, not at all, if you are using the official firmware! Just follow the guide closely
16th September 2018, 04:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 611

More
Please help me downgrade from G935FXXS3ERHD to G935FXXU2DRAG.
I tried nand TWRP BL restore, BL and stock firmware flash in Odin. Nothing works.
Edit:
I found a solution, see: Original post
17th September 2018, 11:38 PM |#5  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 10

More
but there are some late Android 7.0 with updated boot-loader, those are using boot-loader binary v2

can you upload the bootloader?
25th September 2018, 06:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How to know each android 7.0 bootloader is V2?
26th September 2018, 12:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Now with the lattest update the binary changed to 3 then i cant downgrade to Nougat

(Im spanish)
The Following User Says Thank You to eriktirador For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eriktirador Ad-Free
24th October 2018, 02:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Oreo to nougat
I have a s7 edge with the Data firmware Version 2018/09/18 8.0.0
PDA: G935FXXS3ERHD
CSC: G935FITV3ERG2
is it possible to downgrade from oreo to nougat? I have the battery that you always download
24th November 2018, 09:11 AM |#9  

More
I tried but doesn't work
Hello dear!

I have a S7 edge SM-G935T and I tried to flash the last version of Nougat 7, but doesn't work. Odin don't let me finish the process. Maybe you wrote this thread before my cellphone received the last update of Oreo.

Do you have any solution in this case. I really appreciate it.

King regards, _/\_
24th November 2018, 02:54 PM |#10  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unfortunately the bootloader was updated in last updates, now the bootloader is version 3 as the phone said to me when i tried to flash the last version of Nougat.
9th December 2018, 03:52 PM |#11  

More
i have stupid question but, i have R16NW.SM-G930FXXS3ERKE (oreo) but i think im not supposed download this(G930FXXS3ERKE) if i want downgrade to nougat but rather (G930FXXS2DRC3) because the first firmware i mentioned get me oreo again.... am I right??? i don t wont screw things up....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade, firmware, guide, s7 edge, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)