FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Guide How to root Android 8.0 Oreo Stock ROM on Galaxy S7 ( 100% Working )

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By Arona67, Senior Member on 9th September 2018, 09:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi . i see too many peoples have problem on rooting Android 8.0 Oreo Stock Rom on Galaxy S7 ( edge ) and they cant get passed from the verification field error ! ok its bcuz they do only 1 step wrong , here i just wanna tell you all the steps 1 by 1 to help you make it work .

ok first , if you wanna have a Rooted stock Oreo Rom , you need to factory reset your device , so backup everything you need then follow the steps :

1- Download Odin 3.13.1 -------- TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery -------- Android 8.0 Oreo Stock Rom -------- Magisk v 17.1 -------- no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 .

Copy Magisk v17.1 and no-verity-opt files into your SD card , or you can copy them after you installed TWRP using mount !

2- Go to Odin , and flash the Stock Rom oreo , BUT before you start go to Options and deselect F. reset time and Auto reboot .

3- when the Rom flash is done . just hold Power + volume down + home buttons to restart the phone . keep holding the buttons to return Download mode again !

NOTE : you have to reboot to download mode again after flashing Stock Rom . bcuz odin wont install TWRP and will stop on waiting for connection if you do flash TWRP right after flashing rom without reboot ! just after flashing ROM , do a reboot with device buttons and keep holding them to go straight to download mode again . then you can flash TWRP .

4- now go to Odin again and now Flash the TWRP recovery . before you start go to options and deselect F .reset time and Auto reboot .

5- now hold Power + Volume down + Home buttons , when your device screen goes off , fast switch the buttons to Power + Volume up + home to boot into TWRP recovry .

6- now go to Wipe and select Format Data . it will ask you to type yes . type yes and continue . you do this to remove encryption on your phone memory .

NOTE : Just select Format data . DON'T select advanced wipe or swip to factory reset . you have to select Format data and it will ask you to type "yes" . do it and go on .

7- now go to reboot and reboot to TWRP recovery again ! ( you have to reboot to recovery bcuz you cant reach /DATA when you do Format data )

8- now go to install , and install Magisk and no-Verity-opt .

9- now restart your phone normaly and let it boot up and do the first boot settings .

10 - thats it , now you can see Magisk on your apps list and your Stock Rom is rooted .

NOTE : for the guys that already installed Stock oreo Rom , they dont need to flash Rom again , they can skip Step 2 and 3 !

just do all the steps 1 by 1 as i said and it will work 100% . some guys cant make it work bcuz : 1 - they dont do Format Data before installing Magisk and they get "cant mount /data error" and verification field pops up . 2- they do format data after installing magisk !!!! thats crazy bcuz you just clear Magisk when you do format data after installing it .

i hope this guide be helpful for you guys .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.jpg
Views:	4014
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	4592483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	10000
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	4592484   Click image for larger version

Name:	165-2-7-twrp-recovery-wipe-android-sifirlama.jpg
Views:	10058
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	4592486   Click image for larger version

Name:	1233.jpg
Views:	9430
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	4592487   Click image for larger version

Name:	2222.jpg
Views:	9164
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	4592488  
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Arona67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arona67 Ad-Free

11th September 2018, 11:59 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
does it work for sm g935s (8.0)
13th September 2018, 11:27 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amlash
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rama.91

does it work for sm g935s (8.0)

yes , it works . you just need to download last version of TWRP recovery for your device from here :

https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/
23rd September 2018, 11:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Thx bro.
30th September 2018, 02:21 PM |#5  
Flag krusevac
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The root is fine but have problem with twrp failed to mount data invalid argument I followed the procedure several times
30th September 2018, 03:34 PM |#6  
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavisa037

The root is fine but have problem with twrp failed to mount data invalid argument I followed the procedure several times

Once you have to wipe data and restart to recovery again and then only install new Rom resolves data mount error.
30th September 2018, 05:09 PM |#7  
Flag krusevac
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Do thet but still error in twrp
1st October 2018, 09:25 PM |#8  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Ist there any way to root without wipeing data?
Patching boot.img with Magisk dont work. I guess because of lz4...
6th October 2018, 06:30 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thank you, this is a great guide! Worth to mention that TWRP is flashed as AP in Odin, though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinegarr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vinegarr Ad-Free
10th October 2018, 12:18 PM |#10  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Is this working for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F ?
The Following User Says Thank You to hnegrao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hnegrao Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 01:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey hnegrao,

I've rooted my girlfriends Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F successfull with this instruction

@Arona67 thank you very much for sharing this instruction and your effort!
There's a question left: Can I remove Magisk and TWRP after successfully rooting?

I'd like to note that I've only needed the root permissions to change the build.prop file entry ro.config.tima=1 to 0; That S-Health works in spite of increased knox counter.

Best Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to nijhuz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nijhuz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)