[Guide] How to use latest S-Health on devices with Knox tripped (0x1)

Search This thread

dheerpat

Dec 21, 2007
is the boot image auto backed up while rooting. i have installed twrp and i am on stock rom now if i unroot using supersu will it restore boot image ( i dont remember backing it up on twrp)
secondly will unrooting again trip knox?

huismeester

May 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9
I have install stock firmware 6.0 with Odin then i get the ota update for nougat start shealth and it works perfect

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

cedric406

Aug 24, 2010
and how do root the device on nougat? I read in different threads that currently rooting the device leads to broken wifi and brightness-adjustment.
Can somebody provide us with a proper root guide or does a simple unroot fix these problems after installing S-Health???
True. It happened to me.

MrYoan

Mar 16, 2013
Although I have no Bussiness in S7 Edge forums, will it work on rooted Galaxy S6 running Nougat? I'm asking here because there is no such topic in S6 forums. :(

abdi55

Mar 21, 2017
When i want go into twrp recovery the screen asking me if you want to allow system modifications swipe right. what can i do at this point?

Last edited:

karstensson

Jun 10, 2010
Does this work with stock rooted 7.0? Seems like I cannot remount the system partition as RW

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

karstensson

Jun 10, 2010
You know that root explorer works on stock rooted room as well right?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bmaltais

Oct 16, 2015
Found a radical method to gain back health without rooting and editing build.prop.

1st, restore the latest factory Marshmallow firmware on your S7 via ODIN. Boot to a fresh account.
2nd, run the built-in health app before the phone has a chance to upgrade it to the latest v5.
3rd, now you can upgrade to v5 and test that it still run.
4th, apply the Nougat android OS upgrade via OTA.

Voila. You now have s-health running on a phone with a tripped Knox counter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As some of you will know, Samsung have no longer allowed S-Health to work on devices where Knox has been tripped.
    This guide will show you how to get the latest version of S-Health to run without this block

Rooted Devices

This method requires you to be rooted. You can always unroot after doing this

If you are not rooted you can root your device by following the instructions below:​

• Download TWRP and save it somewhere you will remember.
    • Open ODIN and press AP then select the TWRP file you just downloaded.
    • Put your phone into Download Mode by holding Power + Volume Down + Home.
    • Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Then Press Start in ODIN.
    • Download SuperSU-v2.79-SR3 and save it to your phone's SD Card.
    • Power off the phone and then hold Power + Volume Up + Home to boot to TWRP.
    • Press Install and locate the SuperSU file you downloaded earlier. Select it and Install.
    • You are now rooted.
    To remove root, simple open the SuperSU app from your app drawer, go to settings and select Full Unroot

Follow the steps below to remove the S-Health block.

1. Download a root file explorer (such as Root Explorer, Root Browser or ES File Explorer).
    2. Open the root file explorer and go to the /system folder.
    3. Open the file named build.prop in text editor
    4. In the build.prop file look for ro.config.tima=1
    5. Change this line to ro.config.tima=0, simply changing the 1 to a 0
    6. Reboor phone
    7. Run the S-Health app

Non-Rooted Devices

If you are not rooted and/or cannot root then you can follow the steps below to get S-Health working (this will only work if the app is not installed as a system app).

1. Uninstall the S-Health App (if you cannot uninstall the app, this means it is installed to the system partition. Try Method 2 below).
    2. Install version 4 of the S-Health app which can be found HERE
    3. Open the app and complete setup
    4. Update the S-Health app via the app store
    5. You should now be able to use the S-Health app without issue

You can now use S-Health even with tripped Knox!!

{Mod edit: Download links via a suspicious URL has been removed}
    Samsung Health SecurityProps Magisk Module

Disclaimer: The changes made by this module may have ramifications/consequences beyond what you may be using it for (Samsung Health). I have tested it for several days and havent found any personally, but this doesnt mean they dont exist. You use this at your own risk

This module:

- looks for /vendor/build.prop

- if found, it copies the ro.security.keystore.keytype line (in case not everyone has the same keytypes in the line - i hate using static files, i write modules to use whats on each device) to a new system.prop file in the modules folder

- removes sakv2 from the line in system.prop (it will remove sakv2 from the line (hopefully) wherever it exists, beginning, end or middle)

I had planned to test this new "fix" for a while before releasing the module to stop people from manually editing the existing file, as using magisk is preferable as its easily reversible, but once i saw posts here about it, i figured id release this now

As mentioned above, there may be side effects to this "fix", ymmv

Note: You still need to make sure you have Samsung Health added to Magisk's Deny List, ideally with Shamiko installed (if using Shamiko dont forget to disable Enforce Deny List)

Its also available and will be updated if need at its own repo on my github (other magisk modules available too)

Using root explorer
    Edit build.prop
    From ro.config.tima=1
    To ro.config.tima=0
    Then save build.prob and restart phone. Working this metod perfectly.

SM-G935F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    Ani idea for non rooted device?

Only if the S-Health app isn't installed to the system partition. If it is installed to the data partition then you can do the following...

1. Uninstall the S-Health App (if you cannot uninstall then it is a system app)
    2. Install version 4 of the S-Health app which can be found HERE
    3. Update the S-Health app via the app store
    4. You should now be able to use the S-Health app without issue
    My S health version is 5.4.1.0003. Working perfectly on Nougat. And have never had an issue with s health before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app