[GROUP] Philippine Galaxy S7 Edge Users (Unlocked / Globe / Smart)

Search This thread

veeny101

Jan 20, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Same issue here. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My samsung S7 is g930fd smartlocked and i tried to flash g930fd (openline philippines) to it.
After Flashing I already cant access my Sim 2 which is Globe. It says that ineed to input a PIN to unlock.
I
Masters How can I fix this? XD do I need to flash the FW of smart?

I also have this problem in may s7 edge. Does anyone know how to fix this?

SUNNY-Blue

Apr 2, 2012
Makati
^
Got the same problem as above (blaming myself for flashing Nougat earlier than it was intended to be). Tried to go back to my original firmware but it now defaults to THL.
Still deciding if I should root the damned thing and be rid of said problems.

InsydeXvi

Jul 22, 2015
^
Got the same problem as above (blaming myself for flashing Nougat earlier than it was intended to be). Tried to go back to my original firmware but it now defaults to THL.
Still deciding if I should root the damned thing and be rid of said problems.

Mine, i rooted and installed S8 port because my battery drains so fast.

ii0mini0ii

May 24, 2016
Hi guys. I bought my edge at the samsung store last june 24 but yesterday I had issues with my screen. It has these gray lines across the screen which get bigger or smaller as you adjust the brightness. I guess I got a defective unit. I'll go there today to have my phone looked at.

any update?? im having same kind of problem.. all of a sudden it has lines in it... my unit never been dropped nor sink underwater.. it just happen... =(

KaliKot

Sep 15, 2010
Did anyone get Google Assistant on their S7/edge already? I tried updating Google Play Services manually and still no Assistant

I was guessing its not yet pushed to PH? but the s8 and g6 have it on demo units

gAracUh

Feb 12, 2011
Did anyone here tried to run universal init.d? after i downloaded the app it won't open it close the app automatically.

Last edited:

shievary

Aug 11, 2011
guys, i'm having performance issues while playing clash of clans and ppsspp(tekken 6) on my s7 edge(sm-g935fd) [running the latest nougat update {thl}]. it seems to throttle aggressively while playing these two games, while it doesn't affect other games like asphalt8, real racing 3, etc. it really bugs me since my redmi note 3 pro seems to handle these 2 games better than my s7 edge. i already tried all possible solutions like using game tuner to set lower resolutions and performance tweaks, the issue still persist. are there any workarounds to fix this issue other than rooting it? thanks

astroantiquity

Jun 14, 2015
I have yet to receive my update. Did I get a lemon? I remember Samsung had a service where you can directly update from their shops.

Nicz31

Jul 4, 2017
Philippine users of the Galaxy S7, please post your reviews, comments, problems, accessories, updates, etc. about your S7.

Hi,
I bought a s7 edge phone globe locked.. i wanted to know if how can i enable my mobile data smart sim?

I tried the ff

1. Inserted the smart sim on 2nd slot and globe on 1st slot... i can send msgs but i cant enbale my mobile data on smart.... i can only use globe mobile data

Please advice if it would help if i will unlock my phone?

Thank you

jioleight

Feb 18, 2011
CEBU CITY
In in a thread at symbianize it was explained there that changing the GLB/SMA/XTE to XTC (openline) will cause the 2nd sim to be locked.

from my experience I did not use PH firmware to update to nougat. Couldn't wait for it so I flashed the one from Thailand (one of the first countries to recieve nougat) then proceeded to install S8 ports. both sim card are unlocked. I dont know when it was unlocked maybe it got unlocked when I installed THL firmware or when I installed S8 port.

P.S. I have the flat version from globe

vince_junior

Dec 23, 2010
Manila
I also have this problem in may s7 edge. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My samsung S7 is g930fd smartlocked and i tried to flash g930fd (openline philippines) to it.
After Flashing I already cant access my Sim 2 which is Globe. It says that ineed to input a PIN to unlock.
I
Masters How can I fix this? XD do I need to flash the FW of smart?

Does anyone have a fix for this.

Mine is smartlocked. After flashing a custom rom, i could no longer access my sim2 and needs a pin to unlock.

Because i need sim2, i flashed smart stock rom, and was able to access sim2 again.

Any fix?

bitTerdroid9

Oct 19, 2016
Bros, anyone unlocked a globe locked s7 edge? Or even flash a custom ROM like Lineage OS? Please update me.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Hi,
I bought a s7 edge phone globe locked.. i wanted to know if how can i enable my mobile data smart sim?

I tried the ff

1. Inserted the smart sim on 2nd slot and globe on 1st slot... i can send msgs but i cant enbale my mobile data on smart.... i can only use globe mobile data

Please advice if it would help if i will unlock my phone?

Thank you

We have the same issue. Please keep me posted if you found any solution. Thank you.

busoyshella

Nov 1, 2015
Tagum City
SIM 1 Smart Lock SIM 2 Openline

hi, I just installed a custom ROm on my S7 G930FD and I just installed back the stock ROM but the SIM 2 wont work anymore. i downloaded the Philippines SMART Firmware.. please help me.

calebski

Nov 28, 2018
samsung s7 edge unlocking mobile data

Hi,

I got a s7 edge from globe more than 2 years ago. Since the lockin period ended, i called globe for the unlock code. So they gave it to me but told me that it will only unlock call and text but not data. The phone is currently unlock , meaning i can use smart sim on sim1 but data does not work.

Is there a way to unlock the data so that i can use smart sim with data.

Please advise. thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, glad to find this group., Feel free to ask me regarding any tips or tricks..il be glad to help

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    SMART's stock Nougat firmware

Sharing the SMART's Nougat firmware...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JtSnpElquAbmNWdldMeW1SX1k/view?usp=sharing
    Flashed UK Nougat files (BL, AP, CP only) to my SMART Plan S7E unit via ODIN last night...
    after successful odin flash the phone booted and it detected a "missing command" error (or something like that maybe due to missing CSC) then continue to boot in to recovery. in the recovery it automatically fixed the error by self-flashing the available CSC which is the SMA (PH - Smart CSC MM). manually reboot the phone via options available in the recovery. The phone booted successfully (a little laggy at first), no issues encountered as of now. since i did not flashed another CSC all my data and apps appeared intact. Smart in SIM1 and Globe in SIM2 are appeared to be working. nice! Knox 0x0.

Thanks for all the helpful inputs from this thread!
    i had.no choice. im a globe subscriber. i requested an imei unlcking code online. now its openlone both sim slot
    loving the google assistant