FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Root] Temporary fix for Samsung Gear Devices (And probably other Samsung weareables)

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By thrasher97, Junior Member on 20th May 2019, 02:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This guide is a temporary fix for the connection problems with Samsung Wearables in Pie custom Rom ports from Note FE
Requirements:
  • Galaxy Wearable: Last version from Play Store is working
  • Samsung Gear S Plugin (Can you try with the apk for your device but it is important that the application version ends in "N". For example, the version of Gear S Plugin that worked for me is 2.2.03.19032541N). Versions ending in "N" as seen versions are used for phones that are not and do not have Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung experience or One UI Download here
  • Samsung Accessory service: Download here
  • AFWall+: Download here
Instructions:
  1. Unistall Galaxy Wear apps (Galaxy Wearable, plugin, accessory service, SASystemProviders, etc).
  2. Unlink device from bluetooth settings
  3. Install the mentioned apps
  4. Open Galaxy Wearable app, configure and link your device (If the device don't link and at stuck in "Finishing pairing", make a factory reset from settings in the watch and try again).
  5. Once linked and configured, run the AFWall + app and configure how it is in the attached screenshot
  6. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190519-201324_AFWall+.jpg
Views:	1346
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	4762036  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thrasher97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thrasher97 Ad-Free

20th May 2019, 10:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher97

This guide is a temporary fix for the connection problems with Samsung Wearables in Pie custom Rom ports from Note FE

Requirements:

• Samsung Gear S Plugin (Can you try with the apk for your device but it is important that the application version ends in "N". For example, the version of Gear S Plugin that worked for me is 2.2.03.19032541N). Versions ending in "N" as seen versions are used for phones that are not and do not have Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung experience or One UI Download here

Instructions:
  1. Unistall Galaxy Wear apps (Galaxy Wearable, plugin, accessory service, SASystemProviders, etc).
  4. Open Galaxy Wearable app, configure and link your device (If the device don't link and at stuck in "Finishing pairing", make a factory reset from settings and try again).
  5. Once linked and configured, run the AFWall + app and configure how it is in the attached screenshot
  6. Enjoy!

Thank you thrasher97. I'll give it a try and report the results later in the day after work..

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
20th May 2019, 01:05 PM |#3  
Pn
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

Requirements:
Galaxy Wearable: Last version from Play Store is working
Samsung Accessory service: Download here
Unistall Galaxy Wear apps (Galaxy Wearable, plugin, accessory service, SASystemProviders, etc).
Install the mentioned apps
Once linked and configured, run the AFWall + app and configure how it is in the attached screenshot
Enjoy!

Working fine, tried to reboot phone, connect and disconnect several times and my gear s2 seems to work fine, no connection issue and no update message and no background update of gear plug-in, thanks a lot
20th May 2019, 05:40 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

Requirements:

Instructions:
  4. Open Galaxy Wearable app, configure and link your device (If the device don't link and at stuck in "Finishing pairing", make a factory reset from settings in the watch and try again).
  6. Enjoy!

I've been trying to do this for a couple of hours but without success. What I noticed was that the Galaxy wearable is always updating the Gear Plug-in and that is probably the reason why the pairing fails. And if I block the internet access to the Galaxy wearable app while initiating the pairing then it refuses to pair... It's a vicious circle... Do you have any ideas how to circumvent this obstacle?
21st May 2019, 12:24 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazol

I've been trying to do this for a couple of hours but without success. What I noticed was that the Galaxy wearable is always updating the Gear Plug-in and that is probably the reason why the pairing fails. And if I block the internet access to the Galaxy wearable app while initiating the pairing then it refuses to pair... It's a vicious circle... Do you have any ideas how to circumvent this obstacle?

The plugin update always runs after linking with the phone or at least in my case with the Gear S2
21st May 2019, 01:03 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

The plugin update always runs after linking with the phone or at least in my case with the Gear S2

So why bother installing the application version ending in N if the Galaxy wearable overwrites it and installs the latest one and only then does the phone start the pairing - at least in my case... Or am I missing something?
21st May 2019, 03:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Requirements:

Instructions:
  6. Enjoy!

Can't connect...if you can give us exactly the steps that you've followed..maybe we can understand where is the problem ..thanks in advance

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
21st May 2019, 08:12 PM |#8  
Pn
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Works great, I've tested all the day, rebooted couple time the phone and connect and disconnect watch about 20 times and everytime it work good.
Thanks a lot (ps I'm on light rom pie)
21st May 2019, 11:13 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazol

So why bother installing the application version ending in N if the Galaxy wearable overwrites it and installs the latest one and only then does the phone start the pairing - at least in my case... Or am I missing something?

For that it is blocked in AFWall +, with this it would not have a way to update itself directly
21st May 2019, 11:17 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbit

Can't connect...if you can give us exactly the steps that you've followed..maybe we can understand where is the problem ..thanks in advance

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Exactly, those are the steps, I don't try with other device... What is your device?
22nd May 2019, 05:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Exactly, those are the steps, I don't try with other device... What is your device?

So,the right steps are first run AF+ to block the wearable app and after that I should start the wearable app..is that correct?

My device is the galaxy s7 edge (exynos)
with lightrom

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)