Samsung S7/S7 Edge to get Official Android 9.0 Pie Update

Search This thread

rroyy

Galaxy-S7-Android-Pie-update.jpg

Wi-Fi certification shows S7 got Wi-Fi certification today with Android Pie 9.0 that means we'll see official 9.0 update soon. Since these devices has same processor with Note FE it was expected but now we have official proof that it's coming.

You can check certificates here.

SM-G930S
SM-G930W8
SM-G930FD
SM-G930K
SM-G930X
SM-G390Y

another source

Attachments

• Certificate_WFA63443.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 775
  • Certificate_WFA63636.pdf
    32.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Certificate_WFA63637.pdf
    32.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Certificate_WFA63698.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 128
  • Certificate_WFA63699.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Certificate_WFA63704.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Certificate_WFA63782.pdf
    32.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Tanzil Walker

Jun 26, 2018
Madaripur
Just Two days ago i broken my knox security and installed a custom rom name BlackDimond. If I got this news two days ago then i would not installed a custom ROM and break the security for Android pie!!! ???

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
Just Two days ago i broken my knox security and installed a custom rom name BlackDimond. If I got this news two days ago then i would not installed a custom ROM and break the security for Android pie!!! ???
It doesn't really matter either way since the only actual thing you lose is the Samsung pay, that's it, everything else I think you can make it all work pretty easily

tomesiek

Mar 28, 2012
It doesn't really matter either way since the only actual thing you lose is the Samsung pay, that's it, everything else I think you can make it all work pretty easily
Samsung Pass and Samsung Safe aswell? Maybe I'm wrong but don't think that those apps can work with Knox 0×1.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

SkylineDriver

Nov 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC Metro :(
Doesn't seem like any of the S7's are going to get Pie. The certificates were revoked. Somebody either screwed up the model #'s or are playing a prank. Teaches me to not get my hope up- though US Snapdragon likely wouldn't have gotten it anyway and we can't even port it in.... ah well...

Visera

The Note FE (Or Note7) shares the same 8890 processor with the S7. Official Pie could come easily, just a few tweaks and changes to things such as the camera, but Samsung is Samsung and most likely won't do the extra effort. You have FE ports, so I'm sure they can suffice until Samsung say something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy-S7-Android-Pie-update.jpg

Wi-Fi certification shows S7 got Wi-Fi certification today with Android Pie 9.0 that means we'll see official 9.0 update soon. Since these devices has same processor with Note FE it was expected but now we have official proof that it's coming.

You can check certificates here.

SM-G930S
    SM-G930W8
    SM-G930FD
    SM-G930K
    SM-G930X
    SM-G390Y

another source
    OMG! So S7/S7 edge is the first Samsung phone that support 3 Major update! The Hype is real!
    im so excited!!!!!!!!!
    At this point, who cares when you can download BlackDiamond V2 NFE port?
    Sure, it'd be nice, but the OneUI is downloadable right now, aesthetically pleasing and finely tuned for every day usage.
    I've NEVER used Samsung Pay anyway.

BlackDiamond is the most perfect pie port for ever
    but someone using samsung pass and secure forlder or reasons for selling without knox tripping (burning efuse) and they stay at oreo even official pie won't released.
    OMG! So S7/S7 edge is the first Samsung phone that support 3 Major update! The Hype is real!
    We have to thank the Note7 for exploding and coming back as the Note FE lol

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk