Delete

Search This thread

r3xx3r

Jan 26, 2011
Would anyone be willing to test this for me? I replaced the "boot.IMG-ZIMAGE-file" (kernel) in the ENG bootloader with the one that is in the stock one, hopefully making this as stable as stock, and we can root. This I'm hoping will give is the same performance, so no more lag. Anyone who has this (the s7 or s7edge) that doesn't use it as a daily driver for example, and wouldn't be too sad if it bricked, would you mind checking this out?

"dm_verity_signature_checker" is still not in this boot.img, so I believe this should still have write protection off.

S7Edge:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bygh6W_e2Fo5dnF5RE1sQ2w5X2c/view?usp=drivesdk

Flat S7:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bygh6W_e2Fo5Sm1aU3RZdUo3LTQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Just flash in AP and if successful try and root please - I used nougat files so I'd guess to be on nougat, not sure though

tried flashing the flat version in PrinceComsy's Odin and got "SECURE CHECK FAIL: boot"

which firmware version is this made from? I am currently on the 930U QE2 fw.

Last edited:
Reactions: comptonhubbard

Craz Basics

Jul 2, 2015
No idea. I just don't. I'm not sure why rooting would present any lag anyway?
The point of this post lol. The ENG boot.img isn't meant for a daily driver. It's for samsung to test things (write protection is off). The kernel I guess wasn't tweaked for performance so it lags. Root doesn't make it lag, the boot.img does.

branstonmorgan

Aug 17, 2016
Try again through flashfire? Pretty sure you gotta mount system

Downloading the Chinese rom from your other thread, but I tried to flash the modified s7 edge eng boot (becasue I have the s7 edge) before you edited the post through flashfire and right after it was done secure boot came in and had to stop it. So im pretty sure that in order to flash a boot.img not from samsung that we would have to change the bootloader (which I'm hoping the Chinese rom would do). FIngers crossed! :good:

Reactions: Craz Basics

Craz Basics

Jul 2, 2015
Downloading the Chinese rom from your other thread, but I tried to flash the modified s7 edge eng boot (becasue I have the s7 edge) before you edited the post through flashfire and right after it was done secure boot came in and had to stop it. So im pretty sure that in order to flash a boot.img not from samsung that we would have to change the bootloader (which I'm hoping the Chinese rom would do). FIngers crossed! :good:
How did secure boot stop it?

Craz Basics

Jul 2, 2015
I'm pretty sure flashfire successfully flashed it and then when my device rebooted secure boot told me that the firmware was not authorized and in parenthesis it said boot.img.
Okay sweet. Could you flash the stock bootloader (BL file of stock firmware, not Chinese firmware) and see if flashfire can flash it? If it can then we should be able to flash Chinese firmware

Pretty sure you know but mount system

Also, I believe you're downloading the wrong firmware (my fault, I only put flat s7 link up).

It's updated Now, links for both s7 and s7 edge

Last edited:

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
This is getting good. That's one thing that was never tried. Using flash fire to flash the Chinese firmware.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts