FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Clarity/resolution

992 posts
Thanks Meter: 225

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th March 2016, 04:08 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has a crazy crisp display. Just kidding, this is automated text so who knows if this screen is any good. So, you be the judge! A higher rating indicates that it's extremely sharp and clear, and that you cannot see pixels with your naked eye.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

14th June 2016, 11:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
right
done
21st December 2016, 08:52 PM |#3  
Orgrimmar
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Even at QHD I can see the weird rainbow-sh look in the display. AMOLEDs with pentile pattern look worse than something like IPS at the same resolution.
7th February 2017, 02:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Im not sure if it's because of the curves or the QHD but the screen looks AMAZING. Great contrast between whites and blacks and so crisp for web browsing.
The Following User Says Thank You to kirinalin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirinalin Ad-Free
7th February 2017, 05:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Definitely one of the best screens available in smartphones. WOW effect is still present for me.
8th February 2017, 01:53 AM |#6  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,245

Donate to Me
More
I think the edges ruin the screen for me. If the S7 had been larger I wouldn't have gotten the edge.

I say this as a previous Note 7 owner. The Note 7 edge wasn't so steep and didn't blur out text/pictures that go over the edge anywhere near as bad.

I will gladly buy an S8 edge outright if it holds the design of the Note 7's edge.
The Following User Says Thank You to nosympathy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nosympathy Ad-Free
10th March 2017, 09:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Believe that IPS screens have more definition.

Not a bad screen, but if I compare my iPhone 6s Plus between this S7 Edge, iPhone looks more clear.
11th March 2017, 09:21 PM |#8  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYnced

Believe that IPS screens have more definition.

Not a bad screen, but if I compare my iPhone 6s Plus between this S7 Edge, iPhone looks more clear.

I personally don't think the clarity is any better, but the colors are far more realistic which may be what causes that thought. While the S7E is better than previous samsung phones I've had, their colors are insanely over saturated. That just is a samsung thing in general. Their TVs are the same way. Most of the stock adjustments are horrible and I could never own one without it needing calibrated.
14th March 2017, 01:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I personally don't think the clarity is any better, but the colors are far more realistic which may be what causes that thought. While the S7E is better than previous samsung phones I've had, their colors are insanely over saturated. That just is a samsung thing in general. Their TVs are the same way. Most of the stock adjustments are horrible and I could never own one without it needing calibrated.

There are several options in settings > display > screen mode to adjust colors.
14th March 2017, 10:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I do know about saturation on AmoLed screens. I´m actually comparing both phones right now, and looking closely to them, I can swear iPhone has more like definition, despite of resolution on S7E.

You are right about TVs, their colors are too much strong for me, thats why I prefer LG, curved screens are insane.
15th March 2017, 10:03 PM |#11  
Flag Cincinnati

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwewqa

There are several options in settings > display > screen mode to adjust colors.

Yeah, it doesn't come close regardless of those settings to the more realistic IPS display. I do blame Samsung, I think the displays are capable of realistic colors, but samsung is at fault for their love of over saturation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYnced

I do know about saturation on AmoLed screens. I´m actually comparing both phones right now, and looking closely to them, I can swear iPhone has more like definition, despite of resolution on S7E.

You are right about TVs, their colors are too much strong for me, thats why I prefer LG, curved screens are insane.

Do you have the phone set to WQHD? I was comparing mine to my dads Iphone 6S Plus last night and couldn't tell a difference minus the heavy color saturation. I started using some B&W images to compare to try and remove the color problem. Tried to pick some pictures that were more on the W end than the B end to keep it relatively fair. Used some rather large pictures, larger than either display can show, which also plays a role in which compresses better. WQHD is 2560X1440 and the 6S Plus is 1920X1080. I did not compare two 1080P images and so the Iphone may win here. I can't say for sure.

Now if you were to ask me to compare my old Note 3/4 to the Iphone 6 Plus at the time, I would 100% agree with you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)