Community development strength

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
You're a power user. Can the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge keep up? Rate this thread to express how "healthy" the development scene is for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. A higher rating indicates available root methods, kernels, and custom ROMs.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

tiskewlio

Jun 23, 2010
While its still took early since most people still havnt gotten their devices and devs usually don't have the money to throw at upgrading phones right when they come out, I hope that we will have a few solid devs here and create amazing ROMs. Not to mention the cm and aosp support we should see with the 820 varient.

squallz506

Nov 4, 2011
Isn't the bootloader locked on all USA carriers? I know my Verizon one is. We'll be lucky to even get root.

TheAugust

Apr 1, 2011
I feel like I'm wishing for the impossible to get root within 6 months on Verizon's S7e.

MorningStarGG

May 3, 2009
Personally I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F (International Unlocked) version. I'm hoping development of roms picks up soon but until then at least I have root and the ability to make changes.

Bernard23

Mar 19, 2016
There are some great roms out for the g935F imo. Renovate and kryxxos both have very active forums and are making good progress. I'd say the development for the European variant has a pretty solid community so early on

Me too, for now it is very speed & smooth, may be after release of Android N, I may reconsider my decision. For now I am ☺

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Coming from a Nexus 6 used with stock/unrooted. i don't know why if it is a lollipop or marshmallow thing but rooted devices don't run as stable as they used to run like they did until kitkat. S7 Edge provides everything i need out of the package, i can disable whatever bloatware i don't need. So, i don't really see myself rooting for the sake of having root. :good:

jason11

Nov 4, 2011
Coming from a Nexus 6 used with stock/unrooted. i don't know why if it is a lollipop or marshmallow thing but rooted devices don't run as stable as they used to run like they did until kitkat. S7 Edge provides everything i need out of the package, i can disable whatever bloatware i don't need. So, i don't really see myself rooting for the sake of having root. :good:

Samsung slow in updates, they still haven't updated MM to S6 , just started in some countries. But, I think they will do the same with Android N to S7, So if you want to taste early Android N, you need to have CM.

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
Too early for this thread me thinks

Takes time for devs to bring us great things

In the meantime though I've been able to make quite a killer rom myself based on the latest G935FXXU1APCI TUR release and modded in xposed, root, removed knox and added in wifi-calling that I can use on UK EE :D

J.Biden

Apr 1, 2016
So... are owners of the Snapdragon version voting and commenting in this thread? If yes, that won't really be fair since the SD version is locked down.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're a power user. Can the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge keep up? Rate this thread to express how "healthy" the development scene is for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. A higher rating indicates available root methods, kernels, and custom ROMs.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Too early for this thread me thinks

Takes time for devs to bring us great things

In the meantime though I've been able to make quite a killer rom myself based on the latest G935FXXU1APCI TUR release and modded in xposed, root, removed knox and added in wifi-calling that I can use on UK EE :D
    It's a bit too early for this IMO.
    Samsung is starting to think they're Apple.
    I am happy to use it as is from factory. No need for root or roms here.