FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Ergonomics (in-hand feel)

978 posts
Thanks Meter: 555

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 7th March 2016, 05:08 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Please, no "that's what she said" jokes. Rate this thread to express how you think the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge feels in-hand. A higher rating indicates that it's comfortable to hold for long periods of time, even in one hand. Resist the urge to say "TWSS" just now. Seriously.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

14th March 2016, 09:06 PM |#2  
Southampton
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Only 3 stars from me for the way it stays in hand. Curved edges both sides make the phones edges sharp hence difficult to get a proper grip. Also double sided glass makes it slippery.
The Following User Says Thank You to chri55tof For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chri55tof Ad-Free
14th March 2016, 10:54 PM |#3  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Wish the back of the device was as round as the edges on the front. Similar to the normal S7. That's a joy to have in your hands.
18th March 2016, 07:24 PM |#4  
This phone just fits perfectly in your palm. The curved back makes a world of difference. However, it is slippery. I would love to keep this device naked, but it just doesn't seem like the best idea. Because of its glass back, it also is a fingerprint magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to marquinhodsdm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marquinhodsdm Ad-Free
18th March 2016, 10:34 PM |#5  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 99

Donate to Me
More
I find myself opening apps I didn't mean to open lol

Fantastic phone otherwise..
The Following User Says Thank You to YoungSkeezy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YoungSkeezy Ad-Free
19th March 2016, 05:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Feels pretty good, but I feel the S7 is better. S7E is kinda difficult to hold comfortably cause you don't want to touch the edge screen. Only reason I'm sticking with the edge is the battery.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA Free mobile app
19th March 2016, 06:34 AM |#7  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Coming down from the Note 4 to the S7 Edge, the size here is a huge improvement in terms of ergonomics. You need giant hands to comfortably palm a Note. This feels just right. It rests on my palm and my fingers don't have to strain to secure the device. The glass does feel slippery but it's a beautiful piece of hardware. I was sure I wanted to go back to a regular 5.1" Galaxy S7 but the feel of this device won me over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to edditnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edditnyc Ad-Free
19th March 2016, 01:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Ergonomics are bad. Its impossible to properly operate with one hand without touching the edge. Bad design; form over function. When holding it in landscape mode, your right thumb becomes useless because youll hit the multitask button with your palm before touching the left side of the screen.
Btw my hands are large, but skinny.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moraal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moraal Ad-Free
27th March 2016, 08:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm not overly impressed on this front. I've had mine for a little over a week and I'm already getting used to it though, soon I'm sure I won't notice it at all. It is VERY slippery though.
8th April 2016, 03:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not a huge case guy
I don't like using cases and after trying out my girlfriends S7 Edge without a case for a couple hours its way to slippery compared to my Nexus 6P. Anybody use it without a case and have luck? I haven't dropped a phone in 2 years and feel I would with this phone lol.
9th April 2016, 01:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
It's just a hair too wide. Had to return the first case I got as the covers for the buttons made it too wide, and go with the Samsung slim protective cover. Even still, it's just a fraction too wide for my hands, tho I'm getting a bit used to it - I'm still getting the wrong inputs sometimes trying to swype/type one-handed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)